Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Home survival

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    My bomb shelter is filled with language books. I mean, FILLED! By the time I emerged again, and the zombies had rotted away, I'd be fluent in persian, arabic, greek, latin and awhole bunch of african languages as well.

Also, I live in the suburbs, or a small community two miles away from a large city. Approx. 16,000 people live here, over a very large space. I wouldn't really have any trouble ridding my block (or hill, it's sort of like up on a hill) from stenches. There'd be maybe 100 or so, and since I don't have any guys, I wouldn't attract any new ones by sound. So I'm pretty sure that once I got all the zombies cleared away, (say, takes a month perhaps?) I could just move back and forth between my house and my bomb shelter. The doors are practicly next to each other.

Food? No problem. There's a grocey store not far away, but I'd imagine going there would attract alot of problems. Thats why I have to clear out my neighbourhood: There's lots of houses here, and I imagine there's lots of food as well. If I'm not mistaken, a great deal of these houses have fallout shelters as well and some might be stocked up pretty good (as I said, they are ideal for storage).

So I could easily wait it out if I ransom my food correctly.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadman_Deluxe
    I think we have already covered "additional toilet paper"
    damn, you beat me to it!

United States
    Ton of instant coffee.
    If you have coffee and toilet paper, you have Civilization.

TZ
    TexasZombie
    http://www.geocities.com/eviloverlord668/afmain.htm
    http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Vault/9327/main.html

That which does not destroy me has made a very grave tactical error...

Harvester Of Sorrow Deadman_Deluxe's Avatar
    ViP

England
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasZombie
    Ton of instant coffee.
    If you have coffee and toilet paper, you have Civilization.

TZ

I beg to differ on this one ... coffee and toilet paper for sure ... but i always considered ice/ice cubes to be civilization.

I am usually heard proclaiming that very word "civilization!!!" each time i manage to produce a bucket of ice/ice cubes from nowhere.

Before ... we had no ice ... but now ... we DO have ice!

Whisky anyone?

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by MapMan
    I lived on MRE's for two solid years. Better add some serious toilet paper and not the stuff they give you in the MRE. No reason to have a sore *sshole.

Batteries
    CD player
    Extensive music collection
    100 ft parachute cord Good stuff
    Duct Tape!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 1,000,000 uses

Howcome u lived on them for 2 years ??

Canada
    I think we have already covered "additional toilet paper"
    damn, you beat me to it!
    Gee thanks guys, not like I don't enough bull**** like that from my dad who it seems everytime I bring up me going to church or i'm reading my bible he always says
    "I thought you were done with that bull****"
    Or everytime I try to tell him to stop saying "jesus christ" in exclamation as a cuss word (which seems to be every second word of his) he tells me to **** off and stop telling him what to do. All I asked him was to stop saying it in front of me cause it irks me. You know, it's hard enough, the way some of my old friends treat me since I became a christian, but I'd expect at least SOME respect from my own father about the subject, which is incredibly important to me.
    Sorry if I kinda got off on a rant there guys, and sorry if you think i'm ****ed off at you or anything...I'm really not. It's just..I get enough of that at home from my dad, and I just wanna get away from it. Not telling you guys to stop, it is your opinion..I'll just try to ignore statements like that in the future..

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by mista_mo
    Gee thanks guys, not like I don't enough bull**** like that from my dad who it seems everytime I bring up me going to church or i'm reading my bible he always says
    "I thought you were done with that bull****"
    Or everytime I try to tell him to stop saying "jesus christ" in exclamation as a cuss word (which seems to be every second word of his) he tells me to **** off and stop telling him what to do. All I asked him was to stop saying it in front of me cause it irks me. You know, it's hard enough, the way some of my old friends treat me since I became a christian, but I'd expect at least SOME respect from my own father about the subject, which is incredibly important to me.
    Sorry if I kinda got off on a rant there guys, and sorry if you think i'm ****ed off at you or anything...I'm really not. It's just..I get enough of that at home from my dad, and I just wanna get away from it. Not telling you guys to stop, it is your opinion..I'll just try to ignore statements like that in the future..
    sorry if I offended, but,...fairytale religion is on it's way out. Reality is in.

Canada
    I'm starting to get thick skinned to it...remeber, daddy doesn't like my choice, so I put up with crap from him almost on a daily basis.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I don't disrespect all christians, but there's a big bunch of them that I just wish would go away. Same with any organized religion, they all have their wackos with outdated ideas. Not saying I disrespect you.

But the Bible, I can't take seriously. The book actually suggests you should KILL anyone you find working on the sabbat. There's no way to defend a book like that. I find the book to be so ridiculously filled with outdated ideas, that I believe that a totally new bible should be written. After all, the ones that wrote the old one believed the world to be flat.

As for your dad saying "Jesus Christ" as a curse, I don't think anyone should make demands from someone else just because they follow their religion. But then again, I don't think anyone should tell their sons to **** off either.

Canada
    Me and my dad have never been close to be honest..I mean hell, I only met him when i was 10 or so, so I'd allready grown up so much before I met him. And I have an innate distrust for men who are in a fatherly position..the man I thought was my dad used to beat the **** outta my mom and swear and scream at her all the time....alot of really, really, really bad memeroies from that time..

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed
    I don't disrespect all christians, but there's a big bunch of them that I just wish would go away.
    I wouldn't have a problem with Christians if they didn't run around screaming that they are THE ONLY ONES THAT ARE RIGHT!!!
    These days you have two religions in a screaming match; Christians and Muslims. The majority of the other "beliefs" are worshiping quietly to themselves watching the other two kill themselves off.

om mani padme hum

Canada
    just look at Pat Robertson...I'm a christian and I think he's a douchebag!

United States
    just look at Pat Robertson...I'm a christian and I think he's a douchebag!
    Ole Patty isn't a "Christian", he's a plolitician.

Canada
    he claims to be one..you've heard some of the stuff he's said eh?

United States
    he claims to be one..you've heard some of the stuff he's said eh?
    I have listened to that freak since the days of Jim and Tammy Baker. Pat Robertson is as bad as Hitler. ALL of the TV evangelists (American) are after ONE thing only. Money.