Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: 1 weapon to use In zombie apocolypse

Banned User

Undisclosed
    9mm Glock for regular range, sawed off shotty for close range, either a hanzo katana or a serious medieval mace with extra pointy edges for hand to hand.

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    Funny, I was a member of this forum years ago before they changed it and we used to endlessly discuss these exact same topics.

SRP76 is right, every weapon is flawed. But if you have to choose one, don't pick one that makes a lot of noise and runs out of gas or ammo. That tomahawk that Yojimbo talked about is awesome. I'd hate to get that close but like I said, running out of ammo sucks. Here is another axe from that same website I like.

http://www.agrussell.com/knives/by_t...battle_ax.html

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by moby_dog View Post
    Funny, I was a member of this forum years ago before they changed it and we used to endlessly discuss these exact same topics.

SRP76 is right, every weapon is flawed. But if you have to choose one, don't pick one that makes a lot of noise and runs out of gas or ammo. That tomahawk that Yojimbo talked about is awesome. I'd hate to get that close but like I said, running out of ammo sucks. Here is another axe from that same website I like.

http://www.agrussell.com/knives/by_t...battle_ax.html
    Nice battle axe. Looks pretty vicious too!

Yeah, wouldn't want to get close enough to use a tomahawk either, but if things get that hairy, it might be easier to use that at close range than a long barrelled firearm that can be easily grabbed by a ghoul.

My choices listed on a similar previous post are as follows:

M-1 .30 cal carbine
    Ruger .30 cal Blackhawk Pistol (or Raging Thirty .30 cal DA pistol)
    .22 Explorer Pistol
    Special Forces Tomahawk
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

Christmas Island
    Nice axes but the prob is that you can't take yourself out when overwhelmed. So axes or pipes, what have you, and a nice little Derringer for those moments when you "haven't got time for the pain" as the old pain med ad went.

Super Moderator

United States
    Again, my major problem with axes, tomahawks and other hafted weapons is that they tend to penetrate and get stuck in things. That's not a good quality when you might have to take on more than one opponent at a time and your first opponent may not be dead in one swing...and crawling its way up your axe handle

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Canada

are fictional weapons allowed? if so then an Imperial guard standard issue las gun. Can remove a human limb with ease, pin point accuracy, power cells replentish in the sunlight, very little in the ways of moving parts, sturdy, reliable, powercell is good for 60 shots or so, and it is light.

Norway
    http://www.kj.dk/katalog/vaerktoej/h...27HCU2000.html

For hand to hand and a shotgun or revolver for shooting.

Twitching

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Wooley View Post
    M-4 assault rifle, with a red dot sight and suppressor.
    Roger that. Add an underslung 12-gauge and a .22LR drop-in conversion kit and you have a single weapon system that's ready for just about anything.
    "We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat. They do not exist." - Queen Victoria

Undisclosed
    The topic title says 1 weapon...

I would say a 10/22 from Ruger.

I would like a blunt instrument as well but I will go with the topic heading.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by SRP76 View Post
    There is no single weapon that can be used to deal with a zombie infestation.
    Sure there is: fire. You'll never run out of it while there are walking corpses to burn. The living dead can't use it and are afraid of it. A bullet doesn't stop a zombie unless you target the brain, yet fire stops a zombie every time 'cause they go up pretty easy.

Norway
    Killing it with flame would take some time as it would require third degree burns or more I would imagne. At what is one of the buring zombies starts grabbing you in its panic? You get both burned and strangled. Also a burning zombie running around like a um.. burning zombie is just a disaster waiting to happen, you just know it will run right into the gas tanks or whatever.

Banned
    Banned User

Undisclosed
    H&K MP5 SD6

9mm is a popular and readily available cartridge. Plus MP5 SDs are silenced (hence, SD for all the english and gun noobs here). Silent and deadly. Back off, zombie scum! Good for taking out wannabe badass biker hotshots too if you have to.

Get some!
    Last edited by Dillinger; 08-Aug-2008 at 02:35 AM.

United States
    Yeah, Fire as a weapon is dangerous to control. Give me a sharp short sword. Good for piercing and easy to pull out. Capable of chopping as well.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

United States
    Fire is a bad weapon.You could burn your house down,and all your supplies.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by sammylou View Post
    The chainsaw is a total deathtrap. It's loudness will draw all the ghouls right towards you, and it runs out of fuel very quickly. Plus there's the risk of hurting your self by accident.

Although, I must agree with you, it would be awesome to do!

Personally, I'd take a machete. It's light, durable, and never needs fuel or reloading. It's a very deadly weapon.

If it absolutly MUST be a chainsaw the you might as well go with the chainsaw bayonet gun from gears of war. Can't go wrong there. Few weapons are as bad as as that.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"