I Will Be Legend?
    I Am One Of Six Billion

Administrator

England

'I Am Legend' prequel

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/I-Am-...Way-10318.html
    &
    http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...goryid=13&cs=1

OK, so the Will Smith film missed the mark somewhat (in a number of areas), but maybe a prequel might work? If they just concentrate on giving us more interest and depth in the infected, rather than stupid over blown unbelievable effects!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Ugh ... colour me not bothered.

Prequel - purely an excuse to make money in a 'franchise' that is incapable of a sequel...although you never know, whats'ername and kiddywink and all those people in that survivor's place (i.e. Will Smith is not legend, but rather minority - as in human race being a minority ), could have a massive ruck with loads of explosions and computers doing a lot of leg work and then finish it all off with a blast of "ooh-wah-ah-ah-ah" ... how about that? I Was Legend, coming 2010...

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    If they just concentrate on giving us more interest and depth in the infected, rather than stupid over blown unbelievable effects!
    I agree.If they can go into more details about the infected and how it all started,it might be a good movie.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    this is old news broski:

http://forum.homepageofthedead.com/s...referrerid=286

NOTE FROM MODERATOR - Threads merged
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Can't... suppress... rebirth of... RAGE!!!

United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    You know what they need to do instead?

Read the book, then make THAT into a movie.
    My sentiments exactly.

United States
    You know what they need to do instead?

Read the book, then make THAT into a movie.
    Yeah,thats what they should do.But will they?No,because that would be the best way to make the movie.And we all know that Hollywood refuses to make good movies anymore.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    maybe we will finally see the helicopter crash that was teased through out the whole movie

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Bub666 View Post
    Yeah,thats what they should do.But will they?No,because that would be the best way to make the movie.And we all know that Hollywood refuses to make good movies anymore.

At least a big chunk of Hollywood anyway - the chunk that has the cash to splash on such large projects anyway. Seriously, I saw the movie, then read the original book - and the book was a million miles better, and wouldn't have been hard to adapt and had plenty of action in it too.

I really do wonder what these Hollywood adapting writers think most of the time...

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    The original film has grown on me. Mostly because of Will Smith's, in my opinion, stellar acting and the direction the director took to a very serious tone.

Of course, one of the most prevalent themes in the film is still "Will Smith drives fast", but hey.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    The original film has grown on me. Mostly because of Will Smith's, in my opinion, stellar acting and the direction the director took to a very serious tone.

Of course, one of the most prevalent themes in the film is still "Will Smith drives fast", but hey.
    The biggest issue with that film for me was the unecessarily over the top CGI'd infected! Just absolutely blew it
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    The biggest issue with that film for me was the unecessarily over the top CGI'd infected! Just absolutely blew it
    Yeah,I hate it when they over use CGI.When I watch a movie and they have way too mush CGI in it,it completely ruins the movie for me.

I really do wonder what these Hollywood adapting writers think most of the time...
    Thats the problem,they're not thinking.They only care about how much money they can make.
    Last edited by Bub666; 26-Sep-2008 at 11:29 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Super Moderator

UK
    With I Am Legend, as well as the absolutely awful CGI beasties, the entire film was raped of all quality when the woman and her kid show up ... LAAAAAAAME from then on out.

Up to that point it was fairly Hollywood, but pretty decent ... then it showered a bucket of three-day old lame all over itself and bit down on a fat dose of fail.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I agree with that. Apparently they used live action people on set, but found that they didn't run realistically when they had to run barefoot, so they turned them into CGI in post-production.

My question is, why not just have them run with sandals, and then take away the sandals with CGI?