Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: an i am legend prequel?

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    the thing that bothers me about the will smith film is that one of the main themes of the book is totally absent. the new species (for want of a better term) of human that has arisen out of the ashes is nowhere to be seen. that is what makes neville a "legend" because he has become their boogyman, the thing they will frighten their children with for years on end. also, how neville as the last gasp of our speices has become irrelevant, in fact become dangerous, in the new scheme of things.

that is what gives the book its power and it is completely lost in the latest film version.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    You know what they need to do instead?

Read the book, then make THAT into a movie.
    10 points to Minon!

BTW: Am I the only one sick of Will Smith?
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    Am I the only one sick of Will Smith?
    I agree,I'am sick of Will Smith too.He's not that good of an actor.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike70 View Post
    the thing that bothers me about the will smith film is that one of the main themes of the book is totally absent. the new species (for want of a better term) of human that has arisen out of the ashes is nowhere to be seen. that is what makes neville a "legend" because he has become their boogyman, the thing they will frighten their children with for years on end. also, how neville as the last gasp of our speices has become irrelevant, in fact become dangerous, in the new scheme of things.

that is what gives the book its power and it is completely lost in the latest film version.

Precisely. I kind of recall some lame piece of dialogue, probably from the dark haired girl with the kid, which attempted - rather impotently - to tie in the title of the movie.
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

United States
    Precisely. I kind of recall some lame piece of dialogue, probably from the dark haired girl with the kid, which attempted - rather impotently - to tie in the title of the movie.
    Yeah,I think she says it right at the end of the movie.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada

BTW: Am I the only one sick of Will Smith?
    no. i got sick of will smith in '99.

i'm not down with the willenium.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Super Moderator

UK
    I'm not sick of Will Smith, I do find the foot-kissing that followers of his do. Just shut up and let his acting sit centre stage.

Will Smith is capable of really good acting, and has shown it in many films, as well as being a provider of entertainment.

Super Moderator

UK
    I'm not sick of Will Smith, I do find the foot-kissing that followers of his do. Just shut up and let his acting sit centre stage.

Will Smith is capable of really good acting, and has shown it in many films, as well as being a provider of entertainment.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    I agree. If he were to take on better roles like Six Degrees of Seperation, Pursuit of Happyness, etc, he could become one of the greatest actors of this generation.

Instead he does throw away flicks like Hancock, I Robot, I Am Legend, etc. That's not to say those arent entertaining....he's just capable of better things.