Thread: i just saw the wall for the first time

Chasing Prey

Canada

i just saw the wall for the first time

finally got it on dvd and man first time i watched it start to finish

love it but if ur half stupid and u dont get the metaphors and the symbols through out the movie,its not as fun
    Last edited by acealive1; 31-Jul-2008 at 01:30 AM.

United States

drugs help
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

capncnut
    Kinda depressive movie but I do like the album.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by clanglee View Post

drugs help

LMFAO. peopel say that but idk man. just takes a deep person to really understand more than just the blatant images on screen.

Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    Kinda depressive movie but I do like the album.
    i think we've all been depressed, i've never went as far as to have a 90 minute dream sequence with hot chicks and not bang em but i've definitely been off my rocker.
    Last edited by acealive1; 31-Jul-2008 at 01:39 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

United States
    [QUOTE=acealive1;150681]LMFAO. peopel say that but idk man. just takes a deep person to really understand more than just the blatant images on screen.

[QUOTE]

Really depends on the drug man. Some drugs can indeed facillitate that under the surface awareness. so I've heard
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

United States
    I still haven't seen the wall yet.Maybe some day.

Banned User

Undisclosed
    I saw Roger Waters in concert last summer, it was incredible.

United States
    Yeah, the Wall was depressing yet awesome.

But this topic reminds me of a question I've been meaning to ask: Anyone other than me actually spend the time to try to sync up Dark Side of the Moon with Wizard of Oz?

Curious about your thoughts, since for me it kinda worked at moments but overall think it is just one of those stupid coincidences.

Though, get inebirated enough and you will find this to be an amazing experience.
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    Yeah, the Wall was depressing yet awesome.

But this topic reminds me of a question I've been meaning to ask: Anyone other than me actually spend the time to try to sync up Dark Side of the Moon with Wizard of Oz?

Curious about your thoughts, since for me it kinda worked at moments but overall think it is just one of those stupid coincidences.

Though, get inebirated enough and you will find this to be an amazing experience.
    that album hasnt been released in its full version for awhile. kinda hard to sync up

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    search "darkside of the rainbow" on youtube and you will find darkside of the moon synched to the wizard of oz. it is 15 parts long.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

England
    Its a really good film i think,i especially like the world war 2 sequences & how 'pink' withdrew & rebelled after his father was killed at anzio,fits the music perfectly.Gerald scarfes animation is genius as well,like this part..

the dove is the peace before the war,then the nazi eagle destroys it representing the blitz,the creatures in the gasmasks being the people hiding in the underground,then the nazi eagle burns & the peaceful dove emerges from the ashes,but the skeleton soldiers & blood running down the drain represent the waste of life that was used to win the peace.Thats my interpretation of that sequence

capncnut
    The Wall does have some striking imagery for sure. The only thing that taints it all for me is that I have some bad memories attached to the film/album. I listened to it a lot at a low point in my life because the record spoke volumes to me at the time.

I dunno if it has been discussed before but there have been a number of psychiatric casualties because of The Wall. It drove a good friend of mine absolutely bonkers and I've heard of other people who have been affected by it in a similar way. Then again, it is incredibly depressive so it's natural some people are going to fall into it.

I do love the record, though. But when it comes to Floyd's music there's only one for me - Animals.

England
    I was that impressed by the animation on the wall i actually emailed the guy who did it & suggested he should team up with jeff wayne to do an animated version of war of the worlds,his style would really suit it!i got a reply as well which was cool,he said he had no plans to do it but it was an interesting idea probably never happen,but still,would be good!

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    I was that impressed by the animation on the wall i actually emailed the guy who did it & suggested he should team up with jeff wayne to do an animated version of war of the worlds,his style would really suit it!i got a reply as well which was cool,he said he had no plans to do it but it was an interesting idea probably never happen,but still,would be good!
    See the thing with that is if Scarfe was to do an animation film of WOTW, it should've happened not long after The Wall - that way it would be considered more classic era.

But it's an interesting idea, especially since the CGI film plans have pretty much gone to pot.

Off topic sidenote: Pre-sale tickets for 2009 WOTW tour will be available from here this September. And from what I'm hearing, it's gonna be bigger and badder than ever!

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    I do love the record, though. But when it comes to Floyd's music there's only one for me - Animals.
    hell yes, dogs is my favorite pink floyd song ever and animals is by far my fav record of theirs.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."