Thread: just back form the x files: i want to believe

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK

just back form the x files: i want to believe

ill be brief.

why is it not called x files 2?

because its not really a movie, its a double length show after the show, by the end everything is back to how it was at the start, its just one mission for the fbi, no fate of the world stuff, just a happening in a town in west virginia.
    it never really builds up speed and it might be too slow for some but i really enjoyed it for what it was, and surprisingly billy connelys performance as the disgraced child molesting priest who claims hes getting visions from god was his best on screen performance ive seen and possibly the best in the movie.
    Overall theres no real big payoff for a lengthy flick, its a small time story with no wow moments, and even very little fan-service, its just an episode of the x files, after the x files has finished and for what it was i liked it adn you guys probably will too, but you could check it out on dvd, its not a must see in the cinema.

-oh, and before hand there was a pineapple express trailer, the "gods vagina" one, epic on the big screen and i cant wait for that one.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    very nice

United States
    I went to see this last night,and it was alot better then I thought it was going to be.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Thanks, Hells. I guess I'll just wait for this to come out on DVD, then.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    to be honest, whilst good, i would have rather seen the 2nd straight to dvd stargate movie on the big screen myself.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I would have to agree with Hells on most points. It was an entertaining movie, but I'm not sure a non-fan would appreciate it.

I can say that's it not bad, though. It's definitely worth a viewing. In the end, I still think Fight the Future was probably a better film. But I Want to Believe is a different genre, in it's own, original way. I would probably say it's more of a character study. And although Mulder and Skully are "re-introduced" to the newer audiences in a way, it's still not something that hits on all cylinders. It would have made a great hour-long episode of the show. A feature film? Ehhhh....a bit too late, I'm afraid.

I'd give it a 3.5 out of 5. And that's being generous because I'm a fan.

England
    I lost interest in the X-files a long,long time ago so i wont be going to see this.I think it was into the third series back in the 90's when i couldnt be arsed anymore,rather than weird happenings,ghosts & creatures it got itself too wrapped up in stupid conspiracies so i gave up