Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Diary of the Dead 2 Production Begins (?)

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    With all t's flaws, and there are many, i'd watch diary over land any day.

What?

Land just doesn't FEEL like a GAr flim to me for whatever reason. Say what you want about it but diary does, imo.

Interesting you should say that, because if I was to make a similar claim, I'd vice-versa it. Land feels more GAR than Diary to me.

And I think Land rocks, despite the flaws that it has, because you know what - it's got a lot of pro's too ... ... Diary is far harder to defend. I've enjoyed it, and like a number of things about it ... but dude ... that's a tough sell, I've gotta be honest.

I've posted (and sticky-fied) a poll in Dead Discussion - Land VS Diary - be sure to vote.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 02-Feb-2009 at 06:10 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Interesting you should say that, because if I was to make a similar claim, I'd vice-versa it. Land feels more GAR than Diary to me.

And I think Land rocks, despite the flaws that it has, because you know what - it's got a lot of pro's too ... ... Diary is far harder to defend. I've enjoyed it, and like a number of things about it ... but dude ... that's a tough sell, I've gotta be honest.

I've posted (and sticky-fied) a poll in Dead Discussion - Land VS Diary - be sure to vote.

That is funny. I just feel that land was too polished. It didn't have that gritty feel or look to it that the first 3 had. Day is he most "polished" of those and that even feels gritty and independently made. Land doesn't. IMO, that's the GAr style and it's when he does his best work.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    With all t's flaws, and there are many, i'd watch diary over land any day.

What?

Land just doesn't FEEL like a GAr flim to me for whatever reason. Say what you want about it but diary does, imo.

Normally, darth, I'm right with you. But I gotta say that, despite its many flaws, I felt like Land was a GAR zombie movie. A bad one, but one nonetheless. The atmosphere and the zombies (how they moved and looked) and the characters all felt very GAR-like to me. It brought the claustrophobia and the infighting and the desperate situation reminiscent of GAR older Dead movies. I still hated it, mind you, but not because it didn't feel GAR enough.

Diary felt like something completely different to me. It had all the same plot and stupid character flaws as Land but without the atmosphere and without a core group of likeable characters. It was just bad. Part of whey I'm overall "meh" about Diary is that it just didn't feel enough like a GAR zombie movie for me to get worked up about it.