Thread: Found: Season of the Witch and lost Romero movie There's Always Vanilla on 1 DVD!

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed

Found: Season of the Witch and lost Romero movie There's Always Vanilla on 1 DVD!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SEASON-OF-THE-...6.c0.m14.l1318

Just won this auction - maybe some hardcore Romero completists would be interested in getting this DVD? Has anyone here got it? I'd never heard of it!

Super Moderator

UK
    Yeah man that came out a while ago, it's been on my Wish List for a while now, I just keep forgetting to get around to it. I will one day though.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    There's also a re-packaged Knightriders that's come out but can't seem to find the extras details on Amazon....

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Yeah...that's been around for a good while now. There's several copies at my local Best Buy for 9.99, but I still haven't picked it up...

Super Moderator

UK
    Ah yeah, a new Knightriders DVD...I forgot about that. I got the original Anchor Bay DVD a while back, and then I remember a new DVD being mentioned...yeah, I've got the 2000 DVD, and then 2007 rocks up and brings a new version of the DVD.

I got my 2000 copy in like 2004 or something.

Yeah I can't find any info on the new DVD...hmmm.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    I think it's just the movie sans anything else - TBH the original Anchor Bay dvd hardly had any extras on it either, which is a shame, it's a beautiful movie...

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicX View Post
    I think it's just the movie sans anything else - TBH the original Anchor Bay dvd hardly had any extras on it either, which is a shame, it's a beautiful movie...
    Oh well if that's the case, then I'm sorted.

ViP

United States
    The original Knightriders DVD has plenty of features on it, including a commentary with Tom, George and Chris the Greek, as well as Amplas who bails after a few minutes. It also has a long reel of silent film from the set. The only thing it is missing is a making of featurette but those often just end up being rehashes of the commentary.

Whats more, I recently found out that the original DVD is anamorphic as well, so unless the new DVD did a stellar clean up job (jury is still out on that, but I doubt it), the rerelease offers nothing that the original disc did not.

As far as the Season of the Witch/ There's Always Vanilla DVD... welcome to 2005

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    No ****er told me this was on DVD..........:angry:

Quote Originally Posted by axlish View Post
    The original Knightriders DVD has plenty of features on it, including a commentary with Tom, George and Chris the Greek, as well as Amplas who bails after a few minutes. It also has a long reel of silent film from the set. The only thing it is missing is a making of featurette but those often just end up being rehashes of the commentary.

Whats more, I recently found out that the original DVD is anamorphic as well, so unless the new DVD did a stellar clean up job (jury is still out on that, but I doubt it), the rerelease offers nothing that the original disc did not.

As far as the Season of the Witch/ There's Always Vanilla DVD... welcome to 2005

Actually yeah there was a commentary - but really that was all that was notable, the home video stuff was a bit poo - really there needed to be a full length doc on it, some stills, press releases, outtakes etc etc...but there's obviously not a lot available for this movie which is a real shame.
    Last edited by SymphonicX; 14-Aug-2008 at 02:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicX View Post
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SEASON-OF-THE-...6.c0.m14.l1318

Just won this auction - maybe some hardcore Romero completists would be interested in getting this DVD? Has anyone here got it? I'd never heard of it!

I got that dvd the day it came out.Season of the witch is a good movie.If Gar would've had more money,it would have been a lot better.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    I've already got them both on VHS, love TAV, Season of the Witch is good too, but TAV is excellent for a love story...

ViP

United States
    I like them both a lot as well. The highlights of each film is the performance of Raymond Layne. Seems like he was a really cool guy. R.I.P.

United States
    I thought TAV was a really good movie.