Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: man uses $8,000 in coins to buy truck...

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada

man uses $8,000 in coins to buy truck...

actually the 8 grand in coins (held in 16 coffee cans) was only half the price, the rest he paid by check. apparently this guy has a distrust of paper money and banks.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7559881.stm
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I would have loved to see the look on the dealer's face. I mean, he had to take the coins, it is currency after all. But who do ya think got was the poor schmuck stuck with the crap job of counting that stuff to make sure it was all there? My money is on the new guy !!

Even lugging that stuff down to a coin counting machine sounds like it might have been a project in itself.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    I would have loved to see the look on the dealer's face. I mean, he had to take the coins, it is currency after all. But who do ya think got was the poor schmuck stuck with the crap job of counting that stuff to make sure it was all there? My money is on the new guy !!

Even lugging that stuff down to a coin counting machine sounds like it might have been a project in itself.

The new guy always gets the crappy job.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Like Darth said....it's currency. They have to take it.

When I was younger, hard up for cash, and smoked cigarettes, I bought a pack with change and the guy at the store fought with me about it. At first he said he wouldn't take it but I talked him into it by convincing him that it's still money, and then he said I better not try anything like that again or he would call the cops.

I just called him a moron and walked out...

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Same thing happened to a friend of mine when she was gonna take the bus. A ticket was around 40 kronors, (6 bucks, it's not as much as it sounds) and she handed over a 500 kroner bill (80 bucks). The guy wouldn't take it. First time I ever heard anything like that, but hell, it's currency, take it you asshole. Next time I'd pay in stamps, just to piss him off.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    well, at least it wasn't $8,000 in pennies. could you imagine counting that??

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by scipio70 View Post
    Forget that. Imagine having to put them in those 50 cent rolls !!

Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    Next time I'd pay in stamps, just to piss him off.
    That would be classic. Take a pic with your phone and post it if that ever happens !

Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    Like Darth said....it's currency. They have to take it.

When I was younger, hard up for cash, and smoked cigarettes, I bought a pack with change and the guy at the store fought with me about it. At first he said he wouldn't take it but I talked him into it by convincing him that it's still money, and then he said I better not try anything like that again or he would call the cops.

I just called him a moron and walked out...
    Nobody really like change i guess. And coupled with the fact that it costs more to make a penny than it's worth and so on it looks as if we might have a changeless future. But then everything will be rounded to even dollar amounts and which way do you think businesses will round, up or down?

Quote Originally Posted by Bub666 View Post
    The new guy always gets the crappy job.

Yeah, you know your place at a job by the tasks you're asked to perform. I've just been promoted to G-string contest judge. So i think i'm pretty high on the totem pole.
    Last edited by darth los; 15-Aug-2008 at 01:14 PM.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post

Yeah, you know your place at a job by the tasks you're asked to perform. I've just been promoted to G-string contest judge. So i think i'm pretty high on the totem pole.
    now if you can work your way up to stunt cock, you'll be sitting high and mighty.

Administrator

England
    actually the 8 grand in coins (held in 16 coffee cans) was only half the price, the rest he paid by check. apparently this guy has a distrust of paper money and banks.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7559881.stm
    Was that a brand new truck? For that amount of money? No way!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Neil when you buy in cash... you would be surprised at how much of a discount you get.

My 1999 Mustang GT stickered for $23,900 because it was a cash deal I got for $17,650, that included the Ford X Plan discount.

My Brand new 1988 Mustang LX 5.0 was an $11,000 sticker and I walked off the lot with that for just over $8000.00 with a 6yr extended warranty.

When dealers have to deal with Banks they have top set a price plus an interest rate that earns them money as well as the bank money. With Cash, they can really come through.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

United States
    If I was ask to count $8,000 in pennies,I'd quit.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    The bottom line is that change is money too. What are we supossed to do? Have it and not use it? It's not like they're condoms.

United States
    This reminds me of a NPR segment I heard the other day ago about some family that has been collecting change they find on the ground for the past few years, and they were able to collect over $1,000.00

Apparently they always carry around a bag and a squirt bottle of Purell wherever they go, and they pick up pennies and odd change while they are walking around town, on the floor in a store, etc.
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    Neil when you buy in cash... you would be surprised at how much of a discount you get.

My 1999 Mustang GT stickered for $23,900 because it was a cash deal I got for $17,650, that included the Ford X Plan discount.

My Brand new 1988 Mustang LX 5.0 was an $11,000 sticker and I walked off the lot with that for just over $8000.00 with a 6yr extended warranty.

When dealers have to deal with Banks they have top set a price plus an interest rate that earns them money as well as the bank money. With Cash, they can really come through.
    Jesus H ******* Christ that is cheap!!!!!

Why the hell do we have to pay basically twice what you pay for cars?? A brand new car for about £9000? Yet alone a sports car!!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I guess that's the price you pay for a having a good economy.