Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: gymnastics rip off

Chasing Prey

Canada

gymnastics rip off

http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/bei...v=ap&type=lgns

ok so basically what they're saying is after all the votes were counted and scores tallied,that liukin from the USA and He from china were still tied.

you know what they did next?

went throught about three tiebreaker scenarios and guess what? still tied!!

so for the fourth one...... they counted all of their deductions.....liukin had more ( didnt see that coming cuz china doesn't cheat,right?)

and they also counted the fact another china competitor got the bronze medal. so what they're saying is that your routine and competition means nothing and they basically htrew the scores out of the window because someone marked scores wrong in favor of china.

i say for all english speaking contries from now on that hold the olympics, we basically screw china when it comes to all events. theres a welterweight boxer who dominated all rounds with a chinese boxer except the last one where he just danced around to avoid letting the guy get any points on him LOST THE MATCH. thats like knocking down mike tyson twice a round for 12 rounds and losing to him by decision.

this seem familiar to anyone? well it should. roy jones was denied a medal by south korean judges in the 80's who blantantly cheated for the south korean who even went over after the fight and raised jones' hand knowing he lost.

london 2012, lets give the chinese something to complain about.

and its called the "olympic games" right? then why are u judged and not given the medals based on doing better than your competition? one clear example is gymnastics where theres scores, as well as boxing.

ok, my rant is done. but we're getting screwed over there.

Undisclosed
    Damn straight we are. Olympic boxing is f#cking joke! To the point in which I am now highly considering not ever competing in the amatuers. Especially, if I have to go through this bullsh!t. If I lose fair and square, then I lose fair and square. I do not want to get screwed, because 3 ringside judges either did not push their buttons at the exact moment or decide to favor the other fighter just because they want to.

United States
    Thats bullsh!t.Those Olympic judges always cheat.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Bub666 View Post
    Thats bullsh!t.Those Olympic judges always cheat.
    the koreas and china wanna kill each other,but they will join together to screw us. how can asians beat us in boxing,but theres no asian boxers we know of that are pro?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
    the koreas and china wanna kill each other,but they will join together to screw us. how can asians beat us in boxing,but theres no asian boxers we know of that are pro?
    Asians are not really built for boxing.

Undisclosed
    There's a reason for that and it goes for Europe, also. Here in the States, amatuer fighters want to turn pro a.s.a.p., because of $$$ and opportunities. Places like Europe, these amatuer fighters have trained as amatuers much longer. Most do not turn pro, but compete in as many tournaments or world games such as the Olympics. So, it is not uncommon to find guys such as Ukraine fighters who are world champions and have competed in more than one Olympic games. Teddy Atlus hit the nail on the head. Also, many amatuer U.S. fighters trained in a pro style. The same style I also have trained. The is a diffrence between pro and amatuer styles.

Twitching

Undisclosed
    and its called the "olympic games" right? then why are u judged and not given the medals based on doing better than your competition? one clear example is gymnastics where theres scores, as well as boxing.
    Yeah, I don't trust any games where the winner depends on the subjective opinion of judges. If you can't clearly and objectively measure the winner, it shouldn't be an Olympic sport. Timed swimming is good, synchronized diving is a joke. Track and field, volleyball, basketball, shooting, etc. are good. Something's wrong with gymnastics, boxing, and wrestling.
    "We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat. They do not exist." - Queen Victoria

United States
    Yeah, she got robbed.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Gymnastics is awesome to watch, so I'd vote to keep it in the Olympics, but I agree with Publius about judging sports in this event, it's a bit silly. However Basketball an Olympic sport? Gimmie a break...its bad enough having horseriding up there...might as well have an Olympic crufts too...too many national sports in there if you ask me.

Anyway I hate sport really so what do I know.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    drop distance running as the winners are from africa and can do it in their sleep. add american rules and aussie rules football

UPDATE!!

the girl who beat nastia liukin is really 12........too young to compete. i say we dont accept their passports for the next games state side
    Last edited by acealive1; 19-Aug-2008 at 10:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

United States
    These sorts of things always happen. The host country gets a load of favoritism. Look at Sydney in 2000. Australians usually do nothing at the Olympics. But when it's held on their turf, they suddenly come in third in gold medals. Things like this are the reason why.

United States
    the girl who beat nastia liukin is really 12........too young to compete. i say we dont accept their passports for the next games state side
    All the girls from the Chinese gymnastics team look like their 12 years old.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by SRP76 View Post
    These sorts of things always happen. The host country gets a load of favoritism. Look at Sydney in 2000. Australians usually do nothing at the Olympics. But when it's held on their turf, they suddenly come in third in gold medals. Things like this are the reason why.
    at least we back it up when we place high. every olympics we kinda kill the competition in track and swimming

Twitching

Undisclosed
    drop distance running as the winners are from africa and can do it in their sleep. add american rules and aussie rules football
    Dude, the marathon is the signature game of the modern Olympics. It was selected for its mythological connection to ancient Greece. So what if the winners are generally Africans?
    "We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat. They do not exist." - Queen Victoria

ViP

United States
    Ace, you are a little off in your assessment.

The Chinese girl and Liukin had tie scores, had the same degree of difficulty and the same execution score.

This is how the tie breaker worked. They removed to two lowest scores from each, still tied. Removed the next lowest scores from each, still tied. Removed again and the scores are as follows...

Chinese girl - 9.1, 9.1, 9.0
    Liukin - 9.0, 9.1, 9.0

China wins by a tenth of a point. Pretty damn fair if you ask me.

If there is any misjustice to this, the original score given to Liukin was too low and you can pretty much blame that on the Australian judge who gave Liukin an 8.7. You heard that right, Australia, not China is to blame.