Thread: 'Silent Hill: Homecoming' Pushed To November

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

'Silent Hill: Homecoming' Pushed To November

Konami's latest survival horror title, Silent Hill: Homecoming, won't be making its debut this September, as the company announced today that the console versions will simultaneously launch with the PC version this November.

Currently, all versions of the game will feature the same content, according to Konami. Silent Hill: Homecoming, developed by The Collective, will be available for the Xbox 360, Playstation 3 and PC platforms. Make sure you check out our hands on demo of the game and the video after the cut.

Great, yet another game that i have money already set aside for pushed back. The video looks cool but nothing that i haven't come to expect from silent hill. How long before they revamp the franchisa ala resident evil?

vid link:
    http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/pos....html#readmore
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Kind of sucks, but at the same time this will also mean I won't have this game detracting me from school work this semester... well, not until November, at least.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    Kind of sucks, but at the same time this will also mean I won't have this game detracting me from school work this semester... well, not until November, at least.

i know what you mean by distractions. Between work, school and my girlfriend that scarcely leaves time to game anymore. that's what ahppens when you get older i guess, responsibility.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    I can't wait until this game comes out.

capncnut
    I like the look of the improved control system, hopefully it's not going to be as erratic as the others. Graphics didn't look all that tbh and the dude in the interview gave away nothing, which is a bit silly really considering the game will be out in a couple of months.

But yeah, looking forward to it nonetheless.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    They really need to suprise us with a couple of new things thogh. Keep it fresh. Don't be suprised if they switch things up real soon.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    They really need to suprise us with a couple of new things thogh. Keep it fresh. Don't be suprised if they switch things up real soon.
    Not me. I don't need any big surprises. I don't need anything new, other than locations and story, really.

capncnut
    Okay, now I'm getting worried about this.

That trailer was GASH! I mean listen to the quality of the voice acting, sounds like a bad American soap opera like Dallas at best. And pfft, another evil child. Is this gonna be a rehash of the original games where there's something sinister going on with the kiddies? And the graphics? I mean it almost looks last gen!

I really hope I'm wrong but that trailer did absolutely nothing for me.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    Okay, now I'm getting worried about this.

That trailer was GASH! I mean listen to the quality of the voice acting, sounds like a bad American soap opera like Dallas at best. And pfft, another evil child. Is this gonna be a rehash of the original games where there's something sinister going on with the kiddies? And the graphics? I mean it almost looks last gen!

I really hope I'm wrong but that trailer did absolutely nothing for me.

Yeah,it looks really bad.

Undisclosed
    The flash video from YouTube doesn't do the graphics justice. I've played the game, it looks great. And in fact, if you head over to Silenthill.net, they have some new PS3 hi def videos up that look good.

Now whether or not you like the story we've made - well, I guess we will know after Oct 1 (at least in North America)...

pJ
    Last edited by PJoseph; 02-Sep-2008 at 05:41 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "See you in L.A., Marvin." - Jack Walsh