Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Just watched Dawn of the Dead 04 again....

United States
    I'm in the minority on rewatching crap films.

RotLD was not crap; no no no no
    CLICK >>>>>>>>>>>>> for CINEOBSCURE and CINEOBSCURE FORUMS!

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutineer View Post
    RotLD was not crap; no no no no
    Yeah, yeah, yeah....we've been through this before and it's all personal opinion.

United States
    I didn't like all the squealing and screaming either, but we have to deal with it. You have yowling zombies in almost every zombie film. The only one I can think of that didn't have the zombies gargling and screaming and crying and yelling was the original Night of the Living Dead.

And "BRRRRAAAAAIIIIIIINS!!" is infinitely more annoying than the squealing in Dawn '04.

Undisclosed
    Someone should replace the zombie sounds in Dawn 04 with the Dean Scream. For reference: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yshnh...eature=related

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    Yeah, yeah, yeah....we've been through this before and it's all personal opinion.
    I'd say it's closer to pure, unadulterated, unequivical truth....

hehehe

I LIKED THE PHANTOM MENACE!

Quote Originally Posted by SRP76 View Post
    I didn't like all the squealing and screaming either, but we have to deal with it. You have yowling zombies in almost every zombie film. The only one I can think of that didn't have the zombies gargling and screaming and crying and yelling was the original Night of the Living Dead.

And "BRRRRAAAAAIIIIIIINS!!" is infinitely more annoying than the squealing in Dawn '04.
    What pisses me off more is people who think that all zombies say "braaaains"....like you see these zombie walks on facebook or whatever and they're all chanting it over and over...wankers.
    Last edited by SymphonicX; 22-Aug-2008 at 08:41 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

United States
    Yeah, that pisses me off to no end as well. I like Return of the Living Dead and all, but those idiots that moan brains whenever they hear the word "zombie" really chaff my nutsack!!
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutineer View Post
    For such a crappy film people seem to keep watching it over and over and over.

When I dislike a film, I don't have too much to say about it.
    Gripping about easily avoidable things gets easier and more enjoyable as you get older. Not sure why.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Well at least we know DAWN 04 is at least re-watchable unlike LAND, which is totally Un-watchable after 1-2 viewings.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

England
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    Well at least we know DAWN 04 is at least re-watchable unlike LAND, which is totally Un-watchable after 1-2 viewings.
    And Land is better than Diary...Zak S made an infinitely better zombie flick than the last two GAR efforts.

Zack is the new king of zombie films...The GAR is dead - Long live the Zackmiester!
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Super Moderator

UK

OPINION!!! OPINION!!! OPINION!!!

Just taking up the 'Ned mantra there ... but it's true.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion2213 View Post
    And Land is better than Diary...Zak S made an infinitely better zombie flick than the last two GAR efforts.

Zack is the new king of zombie films...The GAR is dead - Long live the Zackmiester!
    Legion I wouldn't go that far. Romero's DAWN is still the superior zombie film, so therefore Romero retains the title. If Snyder does another zombie flick, I mean actuallly directs it and doesn't turn it into a CGI fest like 300 and Watchmen I might consider him the 2nd best zombie filmmaker around. Right now he made a decent and enjoyable remake of a classic zombie film.

Everyone can get lucky once. I wanna see him repeat that success, in the zombie genre.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

England
    DJ, I was being a bit naughty there, Night, Dawn & Day are three of the best movies ever, I wasn't being wholly serious about GAR losing his crown (apart from pointing out that his last two movies really were terrible).

Wasn't ZS meant to be making an epic zombie seige movie BTW? I'm sure I read something of that nature on this very board a while ago.
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion2213 View Post
    Wasn't ZS meant to be making an epic zombie seige movie BTW? I'm sure I read something of that nature on this very board a while ago.
    There was talk of it... And if he can calm down on the MTV'esque style, and add some thought and intelligence, I can't wait!!

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/775/775725p1.html
    http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/06/04/...y-of-the-dead/
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

England
    Cheers Neil. I think the zombie genre deserves a really vast, huge scale outing, I want to see seas of those undead bastards, 10's of 1000's of 'em. (we got a small taste of that in Dawn 04, especially when they left the mall).

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    He is only producing Army of the Dead. Another person was chosen as director. Plus I have no interest in it because it is just RE: 3 done again.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!