Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Just watched Dawn of the Dead 04 again....

Administrator

England

Just watched Dawn of the Dead 04 again....

....God the stupid godzilla crying of the zombies is daft and annoying... I'd forgotten how bad it was

Along with the daft no-desire-to-remain-alive behaviour...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

United States

Just read a "I just watched Dawn 04 again" threads, again.

Just read a "I just watched Dawn 04 again" thread, again. It was also not in the proper forum again

And yes, they did sound rather raptor-esque, didn't they?

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Oh dear lord.....he we go again.

But I agree.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    ....God the stupid godzilla crying of the zombies is daft and annoying... I'd forgotten how bad it was
    Yeah those are one of my annoyances with it.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    *sighs*

you don't think reanimated bodies would shriek like birds of prey out of tune.

anyway, this ridiculous movie has a few, uh, problems.

*mike slowly backs toward the door to this thread and shuts it behind him*
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Banned
    Banned User

Undisclosed

I couldn't agree more. Zombies shouldn't A.) run B.) make a whole lot of audible noise.

Slow and silent = creepy

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by scipio70 View Post
    *sighs*

you don't think reanimated bodies would shriek like birds of prey out of tune.

anyway, this ridiculous movie has a few, uh, problems.

*mike slowly backs toward the door to this thread and shuts it behind him*
    LOL!

Just I didn't recall how bad the Godzilla effect was on previous viewings... This time, it was almost as if they'd gone thru the film and really Godzilla'd it!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Is it any more annoying than the sound that Big daddy lets out?

Methinks not.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    Is it any more annoying than the sound that Big daddy lets out?

Methinks not.
    At least Big Daddy sounds like a human being. The dead in Dawn04 sound like dinosaurs from Jurrasic Park....

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    At least Big Daddy sounds like a human being. The dead in Dawn04 sound like dinosaurs from Jurrasic Park....
    That's probably true. It doesn't change the fact that it's awful and the sound he emits is way over done and just wouldn't allow me to feel anything but contempt for him. Imean, you would think that a stray bullet would catch him in the head or something.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    I mean, you would think that a stray bullet would catch him in the head or something.
    Hope is more like it.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy911sc View Post
    Hope is more like it.

*looks at Skippy's avatar and scratches head*

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    *looks at Skippy's avatar and scratches head*

Well spotted, Sir.

Ah mate, those "dinombie" screeches pissed me right off my tits, so they did. That was one of my 110 reasons I hated Yawn04 (110 in-movie reasons, as in things happened on-screen).

Biggy D rawks!

United States

For such a crappy film people seem to keep watching it over and over and over.

So bad in fact, that threads just keep started on the film, over and over and over.

When I dislike a film, I don't have too much to say about it.
    CLICK >>>>>>>>>>>>> for CINEOBSCURE and CINEOBSCURE FORUMS!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    People watch and rewatch bad films all the time. I hate both ROTLD and Batman & Robin, but I've seen them multiple times and have plenty to say about them.

And besides, neil never said the whole movie was crap. Just that he didn't like the velociraptor zombies and the characters' actions...