Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Montauk Monster"...Long Island, NY...Hoax or Real?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyebiter View Post
    If you google splinterheads, apparently it's a prop from a low budget move about carnivals.

Actually the production company has denied anything to do with this:

WOW!!! Montauk Monster?! CNN? Fox News? Gawker? Gothamist? It’s amazing what a quick thinking 16 year old entrepreneur can do. Here’s what happened - Newsday does an article about our film (which is shooting near Montauk). Montauk Monster story breaks, kid steals some of our graphics, sets up a fake official Splinterheads website, makes up some names and voila - a national story.

I’d like to go on record and say our movie “Splinterheads” has had nothing to do with this Montauk Monster thing. We’re shooting a comedy out here in Patchogue - not a horror film. My producer Darren does not have a sister Rachel, but a Rachael Taylor is starring in the film. Along side Thomas Middleditch, Christopher McDonald, Lea Thompson, Dean Winters, Frankie Faison, Jason Rogel and Pamela Shaw. Check http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1254696/ if you don’t believe me.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by GRMonLI View Post
    An "unknown creature" that washed up on the shore of eastern Long Island, New York, USA.

We still do not know if it is real or a hoax.

http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2008/07...f_montauk.html
    Looks like a turtle without a shell?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    That is exactly what I thought...I shot a turtle once and the thing bloated up and turned white...I have no idea what it was...until I got a little closer.

Super Moderator

United States
    I thought the only only bloated, leathery monsters on the beaches of Long Island were all housewives.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    I thought the only only bloated, leathery monsters on the beaches of Long Island were all housewives.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    BA-ZING!

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Related? I think so...

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post

Related? I think so...
    Could be,they look alike.

Administrator

England

Related? I think so...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States

Thats what I thought.......

Biologists have said though, that you cannot remove a turtles shell without ripping apart its spine.

Its just freaky!

United States

Related? I think so...

United States

No......

It's all the "Hairy Guidos" in Speedos!!!!!!!

Undisclosed
    Notice how the corpse has disappeared. I still smell fraud. Seriously, what do they have to hide? If it is new species, then let the experts prove it. Fame and fortune. Just like the bigfoot hoax recently. If it really was true, then it would be very valuable.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly13 View Post
    Notice how the corpse has disappeared. I still smell fraud. Seriously, what do they have to hide? If it is new species, then let the experts prove it. Fame and fortune. Just like the bigfoot hoax recently. If it really was true, then it would be very valuable.
    Even if it's NOT true, there's a fortune in it. Didn't those bigfoot guys walk away with close to a million even though it was a fake?

United States
    I hate when people claim to have "the real deal" of some animal like Bigfoot, and it's a hoax. Just gives those who have no imagination (regardless of all the unexplored woodlands and bodies of water on this Earth) more fuel for the fire that there are no such things as Bigfoot, lake monsters, etc. I love the possibility that there are indeed species of unknown creatures out there somewhere.
    The Coelacanth was thought to be extinct, but a specimen found alive in 1938. The panda bear and mountain gorilla, when discovered, had eluded human detection for centuries, and scientists have found colossal squid, now, too.
    But then we have to think about what a big discovery would lead too, as well. Some people want to kill animals for trophies, and then you face extinction, like what happened to the Tasmanian Tiger, dodo bird, and giant moa.
    All in all, the kid in me still believes that there are species out there yet undiscovered....