Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: ONE SOLID REASON DAWN of the DEAD 2004 rocks

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    I always thought that aspect of the "runaround" zombies ridiculous. The fact that they have the physical strength required to run at a high sprint at a consistent level, but cannont smash glass to get into the mall for the food of their choice was just too much for me.

The "runaround" zombies are just a symptom of lazy writing. It's as simple as that.

"GGGGGGGGGGGGGG Go...."

Keep in mind about why they couldn't smash the glass.

It is safety glass, just like in the original DAWN. Its not lazy writing, it is a vision of a writer and/or director.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    2000 people going hammer and nails at safety glass wouldn't last long...no way. At least romero put the trucks behind the first row of zeds so they have no numbers - even Peter acknowledges that a number of zeds would destroy the glass eventually.
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Romero's universe... Snyders Universe.

I even have my own universe, which is derived from Romero's, Snyder's and O'Banon's.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicX View Post
    2000 people going hammer and nails at safety glass wouldn't last long...no way. At least romero put the trucks behind the first row of zeds so they have no numbers - even Peter acknowledges that a number of zeds would destroy the glass eventually.
    Um...exactly. And not all of the shopfronts would have reinforced glass installed.

Lazy writing.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

United States
    I did not realize that safety glass was different from universe to universe.

Or is it shambling safety glass vs. running safety glass? Personally, I prefer shambling safety glass because I think it provides more atmosphere whereas running safety glass is just intense with no thought or creativity. I mean, come on, it's safety glass. It's supposed to be slow!!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Trin View Post

Or is it shambling safety glass vs. running safety glass? Personally, I prefer shambling safety glass because I think it provides more atmosphere whereas running safety glass is just intense with no thought or creativity. I mean, come on, it's safety glass. It's supposed to be slow!!

Good stuff Trin

I thought that it was implied in the movie that they had closed some steel shutters or something over the doors. They just never showed it. . . .hmmm. . I'll have to watch again.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Trin View Post

Well I prefer running safety glass, even in a shambler universe, because now you have a better quality safety glass.

Just think, had Romero put in Runner Safety glass at Fiddlers Green, Big Daddy D wouldn't have been able to get in and the citizens would have been safe.
    Last edited by DjfunkmasterG; 03-Apr-2009 at 09:53 AM.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    Well I prefer running safety glass, even in a shambler universe, because now you have a better quality safety glass.
    Pretty soon the safety glass is thinking for itself and then it's not so safe anymore is it? Yeah, who is the monster now? Us or them?

Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    Just think, had Romero put in Runner Safety glass at Fiddlers Green, Big Daddy D wouldn't have been able to get in and the citizens would have been safe.
    Good point. I was always irritated that the Green was so defenseless yet Mulligan couldn't topple the untouchable Kaufman. I know - no need to remind me - they were ignoring the problem.

Plan to topple Kaufman
    Step 1: Get assigned to the jackhammer crew
    Step 2: Get a longer extension cord

Undisclosed
    not to sure id say 'Dawn' 2004 ROCKS..its ok
    the first 10 minutes, no doubt one of the best 10min in horror in a long time.
    But the film ends up falling on its face in the long run..

hate fast moving Zombies/Ghouls anyway..although it only worked in this one

Tom Savini's 'Night' was much better than 'Dawn 04' easy..

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

This safety glass discussion is cracking me up.

I guess the green didn't need safety glass if the army was protecting the outskirts of the city. Remind me who Mulligan is again.

As for the glass on the mall in Dawn04....why would it be safety glass/bulletproof, anyway? I imagine that stuff isn't cheap and most malls would just use regular glass.

And on a side note....the official sequel to Dawn04 is in production......

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I guess the green didn't need safety glass if the army was protecting the outskirts of the city. Remind me who Mulligan is again.
    Mulligan was the dude on the street with the sick kid. He was on his soapbox preaching about bringing down Kaufman. He tried to goad Riley into joing the resistance against Kaufman.

He was later seen arrested and we learn that Slack was working for him, which is why she was arrested.

At the end he was the guy who tried to get Riley to stay and make the Green what they'd always wanted it to be.

I also thought he looked like Ed Bundy from Married with Children.

Super Moderator

UK
    I also thought he looked like Ed Bundy from Married with Children.
    Al Bundy ... played by Ed O'Neill.

Hooray for Land! It's not perfect, but damnit, I like it.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Al Bundy ... played by Ed O'Neill.

Hooray for Land! It's not perfect, but damnit, I like it.
    Proving once again my utter detail for attention lack.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Right, end of the safety glass discussion:

Big Daddy breaks safety glass with drill = weak
    Peter scared of numerous zeds breaking safety glass = weak
    2000 zombies pushed up against and beating on safety glass consistently for an indeterminable period of time = stupid.
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Speaking of safety glass, how do we know that it was really shatterproof? I mean, all we have is andre's word to go on and he had just shown up at the mall 5 minutes earlier. It seems as if he made that statement based on his observation of a single ghoul banging away at the window which is hardly conclusive.

A statement like that would have held more weight if C.J. or one of his bitches would have said it. They would have been much more familiar with the layout of the mall and thus the composition of the glass.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"