Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: ONE SOLID REASON DAWN of the DEAD 2004 rocks

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicX View Post
    There was nothing to give us the impression that this guy wanted to be eaten...I mean, those who want to die generally kill themselves in a way that doesn't involve getting ripped in half...!

Any moron who gets dropped off in zombie infested Territory and puts on a walkman while waiting for some boat full of money just screams Zombie food.

That was the dumbest ****ing scene in the movie worse than, the girl going after the dog in DAWN 2004. I mean seriously how ****ing daft do you have to be to have a walkman or MP3 player blasting music in your ears while you are in non secured boat house in a zombie infested city.

STUPID STUPID STUPID.

You knew the minute he was dropped off he was DEAD, they should have just CGI'd the tattoo on his forehead

"DUMBASS about to become zombie food"
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    That was the dumbest ****ing scene in the movie worse than, the girl going after the dog in DAWN 2004.[/B]
    Granted, it was a gratuitous set up for some spectacular gore but I don't see how you could consider it worse than the girl going after the dog thing, which was just plain bad writing and a substitute for actual character motivation.

One was in the name of fun, the other in desperation.
    "28 Days Later came out after we started (Dawn 04). Our zombies were running before we knew what their zombies were." - Zack Snyder, LIAR.

United States
    There's nothing worse than the girl going after that stupid dog.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    The first 10 mins of 28 Months Later was awesome! Shame the last 3rd got soooo daft!
    I believe 28 Months could've been the best survival horror movie of all time. But it wasn't. Great start. Riveting. Good suspense. Good characters. But it really missed the boat when the dad somehow was left alone with the wife then somehow got all the way out of the protected area then somehow infected the rest. They had sooooooo many better ways to spread the infection out. That movie was perhaps the worst missed opportunity in filmmaking in the past 10 years.

I can understand the chick going after the dog in Dawn '04. Emotional and stupid, yes. Agree with it, no. Shoulda let her die, yes.

Mouse being left on the docks with headphones on is not entirely stupid.

No, hear me out on this. You gotta look at the way the Land characters acted. These people no longer consider the zombies a threat in their area. They were so used to not having zombies around that they took these kinds of chances as part of daily life.

Just look at the "screaming practice" guards. These guys were outside the closed fences. On the wrong side of the river. In the dark. Making noise. Shooting targets for bets. It's obvious that these guys were used to never seeing a zombie. How long would you have to go without seeing a zombie to be that lax and comfortable outside the protected area?

Given that, why would Mouse expect to see a zombie? Why would he be concerned at all? Compared to those guards Mouse was downright cautious.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    Any moron who gets dropped off in zombie infested Territory and puts on a walkman while waiting for some boat full of money just screams Zombie food.

That was the dumbest ****ing scene in the movie worse than, the girl going after the dog in DAWN 2004.
    Can I feel a poll brewing?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Bub666 View Post
    There's nothing worse than the girl going after that stupid dog.
    as one of the biggest dog haters on planet earth, i wholeheartedly second this.

"come here chips, come on boy."

oh how i cringe every single time i hear that.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    The first 10 mins of 28 Months Later was awesome! Shame the last 3rd got soooo daft!
    Wait a minute. There's a third film in the 28 series??

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    As i stated earlier atleast the chick going after the dog had a purpose. It was the catalyst for everything that followed in the movie. She goes after the dog, they go rescue her, in trying to get back to the mall they had zombies hot on their asses so they had to make a quick escape which set up the final minutes of the movie. The dude at the dock had no purpose other than to get torn apart and provide a gory scene.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    As i stated earlier atleast the chick going after the dog had a purpose. It was the catalyst for everything that followed in the movie. She goes after the dog, they go rescue her, in trying to get back to the mall they had zombies hot on their asses so they had to make a quick escape which set up the final minutes of the movie. The dude at the dock had no purpose other than to get torn apart and provide a gory scene.
    It's been a while since I've seen Land, but I thought his scene sets the audience up to realize that Big Daddy and his crew had reached the river?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Yes that's true but i think there could have been a better way to do it. Also, i was making the point that the daft girl going after the dog had the purpose of setting up the climax of the film and wasn't just there to annoy us.

I'll be the first to admit that was the dumbest thing ever but hey i guess that's what the writers wanted to do.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    Wait a minute. There's a third film in the 28 series??
    The last 3rd of "28 Months"...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    28 Days Later. 28 Weeks Later.

Maybe it's me....but I haven't seen a 28 Months Later....

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    The last 3rd of "28 Months"...
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    28 Days Later. 28 Weeks Later.

Maybe it's me....but I haven't seen a 28 Months Later....
    Once again the arrow misses it's target... lol

I believe that Neil was refering to the fact that the person who posted that was refering to the last third of the film and not a third film in the series.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I liked 28 Months Later alot. Much better than most new zombiefilms out there. The opening was awesome, but I liked the rest of the movie too. Could have done with a bit more pain and suffering, because it was set up for alot of it. But hey, can't have everything.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    I liked 28 Months Later alot. Much better than most new zombiefilms out there. The opening was awesome, but I liked the rest of the movie too. Could have done with a bit more pain and suffering, because it was set up for alot of it. But hey, can't have everything.
    I found the last third of 'Months' got a bit too silly for me...

- Seemingly infected people being completely unguarded/monitored.
    - Members of the public being put into 'safe holds' that are totally unsafe.
    - Infect individuals (their dad) becoming psychic - ie: Knowing where/when to turn up in London.
    - The helicopter... Hmmm...
    -Carl Sagan