Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: ONE SOLID REASON DAWN of the DEAD 2004 rocks

United States
    We're talking about 28 Weeks Later, right? Not Months?

Good points Neil. But the list goes on and on. It starts with the Dad getting left alone with the maybe-infected wife and then he gets out to infect everyone else. I'd have had 50 guns trained on that room and locks and unbreakable glass and....... there's no way he's getting out. He would've had an easier time getting breakfast at McDonald's after 10:30.

When the chick is guiding them through the subway using the nightvision scope I about lost it. "It's okay, it's okay... Stay calm... STOP!!!! Okay, okay... it's okay... STOP!!!!!" Crap, man. About the second time she did that I would've been running for daylight.

-- ----------

The whole premise of the infection getting out was just flawed. It irks me that they didn't even bother to give us a plausible plot twist for the main movie premise.

What would've been better is if the little boy had gotten infected from his mom out in the wild when they first met. Tears of joy, scrape on the arm that she kisses to make it better - whatever. Because he wouldn't show signs of infection he could've been re-integrated with the population without alarm. No one would've suspected anything wrong.

Then, say the dad gets infected inside the secured area, but at the same time the kid also inadvertently infects someone inside the basement. Maybe by sharing a drink or something. The alarms go off and the military goes on alert but they immediately shoot and kill the dad (which would've save us from half the movie). They declare the emergency over not realizing that the REAL emergency is happening outside. From there the plot continues with them trying to escape.

Now that would've made sense and been cool!!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Trin View Post
    It starts with the Dad getting left alone with the maybe-infected wife and then he gets out to infect everyone else. I'd have had 50 guns trained on that room and locks and unbreakable glass and....... there's no way he's getting out.
    He should've never been allowed to go in and see his wife.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    the fact a major studio tossed cash at an old zombie franchise makes this cool for that alone. not to mention sarah polley is very guttable

England
    28 Weeks took a nose dive after one of the best opening scenes I've ever witnessed, the assault on the little farm house was horrific and 100% awesome! The infected really are pant-sh*ttingly terrifying when they are on the rampage.
    Last edited by Legion2213; 30-Aug-2008 at 11:34 AM.
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion2213 View Post
    28 Weeks took a nose dive after one of the best opening scenes I've ever witnessed, the assault on the little farm house was horrific and 100% awesome!
    That was a good opening.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I agree that it was a good film but as was said earlier there few missed opportunities that could have made it classic. Maybe they'll get it right next time.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    I say love any movie where the characters are so bored they try to kill the celeb-zombie look alikes...
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/84...d_1882969.html

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJacksonCA View Post
    I say love any movie where the characters are so bored they try to kill the celeb-zombie look alikes...

I second that.

When Land of the Dead's characters are bored, they try to hold a city hostage for money that is frigging WORTHLESS outside that city. Sheesh. They should have looked at DAWN 04 and took some pointers.

(Ok let the comments fly, I deserve it after those remarks.)
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    They gave the impression that there were other cities like the one they were in. Perhaps cholo wanted to start fresh at one of them where the currency would still be worth something.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    They gave the impression that there were other cities like the one they were in. Perhaps cholo wanted to start fresh at one of them where the currency would still be worth something.
    See, this would require the audience to listen and actually think outside the box about what they're watching. Too bad most people these days want 90 minute music videos.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    Too bad most people these days want 90 minute music videos.

Not me.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    See, this would require the audience to listen and actually think outside the box about what they're watching. Too bad most people these days want 90 minute music videos.
    That's funny. I just posted in dead discussion how when Gar first broke in there was a different mentality to film making. Character development, minor conflict and major conflicts leading to a resolution etc. seem to be forgotten concepts that nowdays filmakers aren't even interested in getting into.

United States
    That's funny. I just posted in dead discussion how when Gar first broke in there was a different mentality to film making. Character development, minor conflict and major conflicts leading to a resolution etc. seem to be forgotten concepts that nowdays filmakers aren't even interested in getting into.
    Today's filmakers need to get back to making movies that way.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Bub666 View Post
    Today's filmakers need to get back to making movies that way.
    They probably would if that's what today's audiences wanted. I think t's the rampant A.D.D. that causes films like that to be made. Today's audiences simply don't have the patience to wait for character development.

United States
    I think t's the rampant A.D.D. that causes films like that to be made. Today's audiences simply don't have the patience to wait for character development.
    You got a point,today's audiences only want non stop action.