Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: ONE SOLID REASON DAWN of the DEAD 2004 rocks

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

ONE SOLID REASON DAWN of the DEAD 2004 rocks

Well since MZ listed 110 reasons he hates DAWN 04. I figured I would list one.

It is the first remake of a zombie film, that keeps the audience interested from beginning to end. With the use of standard plot points, and intersting characters, DAWN 04 is THE zombie movie of the new millenium.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Canada
    also i love Sarah Polley.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I popped in Go over the weekend, and I never thought Sarah Polley was that attractive, but in DAWN 04 she looks pretty good at times. Especially when she had to escape her house the morning the **** hit the fan.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Interesting characters? Were we watching the same film? It's the characters that annoy me. The rest I don't mind so much.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    Interesting characters? Were we watching the same film? It's the characters that annoy me. The rest I don't mind so much.
    Another problem was their was way too many characters.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Okay....now give me one solid reason why you think this deserves yet another thread? Could it not have been added to the 2.2 million other threads already about this film and the likes/dislikes?

As for my response to the topic - . You're funny.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Well MZ has his 110 reasons to hate it, well I need my thread of one solid reason to like it.

Out of all the zombies film in the last 6 years, DAWN 04 is the best of the bunch. It is entertaining, suspense filled, has a kick ass opening, characters I like (except for dog girl and Mekhi Pfifer), and it kept my attention for the full 1 hour and 40 minutes (theatrical) and was even better in the unrated format (1 hour 50 minute version).

Most of MZ's gripes are not even something I would gripe about in the film. Other than dog chick and Mekhi's character. So IMHO two things that sucked in the movie doesn't kill the whole movie for me, and it felt just as epic as the original DAWN. I still hold the original as the better of the two films.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    You gotta love it when people spew out opinion as fact....

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    Well MZ has his 110 reasons to hate it, well I need my thread of one solid reason to like it.

Out of all the zombies film in the last 6 years, DAWN 04 is the best of the bunch. It is entertaining, suspense filled, has a kick ass opening, characters I like (except for dog girl and Mekhi Pfifer), and it kept my attention for the full 1 hour and 40 minutes (theatrical) and was even better in the unrated format (1 hour 50 minute version).

Most of MZ's gripes are not even something I would gripe about in the film. Other than dog chick and Mekhi's character. So IMHO two things that sucked in the movie doesn't kill the whole movie for me, and it felt just as epic as the original DAWN. I still hold the original as the better of the two films.

So we should just make a thread on reasons that we dislike LOTD. It's only right and should garner plenty of attention. Everyone who doesn't like it can give a few reasons. We should surpass 110 pretty quickly.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    So we should just make a thread on reasons that we dislike LOTD. It's only right and should garner plenty of attention. Everyone who doesn't like it can give a few reasons. We should surpass 110 pretty quickly.
    I think a similar 'reprisal' thread was done on the LotD board (when we had one) for just that reason. IIRC correctly, both camps used the word "Hater" a lot

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I think that "hater" is just a term for the sentiment: " I dig this flick so much that's it's unfathomable to me that someone actually thinks it's a steaming pile of dog doo". " So, you're lying through your teeth cause you know it's a good movie, you.......HATER"!! Hilarious really.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    It is the first remake of a zombie film, that keeps the audience interested from beginning to end. With the use of standard plot points, and intersting characters, DAWN 04 is THE zombie movie of the new millenium.
    1. First remake of a zombie film that keeps the audience interested? Actually I thought Night 90 s**t all over Yawn 04. As for interested, there were people laughing out LOUD at my local theatre. Oh wait, I guess humour means interested too.

2. Standard plot points and interesting characters? Dude, the characters blend in with the wallpaper. They are so distant and uninteresting (with the exception of CJ and the smug f**ker who owned the boat) that it's almost laughable. Ahhh, now that's why the audience were laughing...

3. DAWN 04 is the zombie movie of the new millenium? God help us all!

I notice the word 'scary' wasn't included in your little piece of gravediggery, Deej.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    I notice the word 'scary' wasn't included in your little piece of gravediggery, Deej.

Yep, you're right. Because I don't think it is a scary movie. Nor was Night 1990, and to say Night 90 **** all over the remake of DAWN... No way, More like DAWN 04, ate Night 90 then **** it out.

DAWN 04 is a great action film with zombies, the only scary zombie movies ever made were

Night 68
    DAWN 78
    DAY 85

I don't think any zombie film since those were scary, although the ending of Shaun of the Dead got a little serious for a second, then they killed the scares with the fart joke, which even made me laugh.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

United States
    I liked the characters in Dawn '04. They acted like real people. I could relate to them. The characters take a beating around HPOTD but I don't know what's so bad about them. Look at CJ. He was a typical mall cop jerk at the start but his character evolved past that by the end. Hardly one dimensional.

If you're looking for an action flick and you don't mind some lack of thought in your plot, and you don't mind a stupid zombie baby, then Dawn '04 brings a lot to the table.

England
    I thought Michael was a very believable "everyday" kind of guy in Dawn 04, I was particularly impressed with the way he handled CJ at the begining, feeding him a few good ideas and letting him take the credit, so he felt he in control of the situation. That said, CJ turned out to be pretty cool by the end as well.
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon