Thread: little leaguer told he's too good to play

Chasing Prey

Canada

little leaguer told he's too good to play

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I was just going to post this.... DAMN YOU SCUBA STEVE.!

Bummer the kid is being treated this way. For a 9yr old to have that kind of fast ball is amazing.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

United States
    Any excuse to make sure losers don't ever have to actually lose at something. Pathetic.

"Oh, if he hits someone with a 40 mph ball, it will hurt them!". What a load of sh*t. If someone hits a player with a 30 mph pitch, it's going to f*ck them up, too. But they seem to forget that, in their quest to find any excuse to ban a kid that makes everyone else on the field look like a joke.

Undisclosed
    When I was in the little league we had pitchers on my team that pitched in the 30's. And I have been beamed before and I survived. Why do they think we wear batting helmets? Its a lame bullsh!t excuse. Hopefully, this won't discourage him and he will continue playing. Maybe the pros will pick him right out of high school.

United States
    Thats B.S.They should let that kid play.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    For a 9yr old to have that kind of fast ball is amazing.
    If the kid is this good, why isn't he playing with older kids where it would actually be a challenge for him? You wouldn't keep a child that reads and writes at the 3rd grade level in kindergarten. I sure don't know too many 9-year olds that could catch a 40-mph fastball either.

As usual, it appears there are no actual adults in charge of the situation.
    Last edited by DubiousComforts; 26-Aug-2008 at 04:10 AM.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by SRP76 View Post
    Any excuse to make sure losers don't ever have to actually lose at something. Pathetic.

"Oh, if he hits someone with a 40 mph ball, it will hurt them!". What a load of sh*t. If someone hits a player with a 30 mph pitch, it's going to f*ck them up, too. But they seem to forget that, in their quest to find any excuse to ban a kid that makes everyone else on the field look like a joke.
    LOL my dad was weird like that when i was a kid. my mom was gonna put me in football and hes like " nooo he'll get hurt!"

needless to say i told dad to shove off

Quote Originally Posted by DubiousComforts View Post
    If the kid is this good, why isn't he playing with older kids where it would actually be a challenge for him? You wouldn't keep a child that reads and writes at the 3rd grade level in kindergarten. I sure don't know too many 9-year olds that could catch a 40-mph fastball either.

As usual, it appears there are no actual adults in charge of the situation.
    they made my younger brother do that in jr high and college football. he was just too damn fast for anyone to catch from the time the ball as hiked. so he was about 12 playing with 18 year old seniors and they couldnt catch him. now hes running track for fresno state
    Last edited by acealive1; 26-Aug-2008 at 09:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly13 View Post
    When I was in the little league we had pitchers on my team that pitched in the 30's. And I have been beamed before and I survived. Why do they think we wear batting helmets? Its a lame bullsh!t excuse. Hopefully, this won't discourage him and he will continue playing. Maybe the pros will pick him right out of high school.
    Exactly. I remember one team in little league, Wow Video, had an amazing pitching staff. One of their pitchers pitched somewhere in the 30's and I got nailed in the back once... it sure as hell hurt (left a huge RING of a bruise on my back) but it's all a part of the sport...

A 9-year-old facing a 40 mph pitch isn't too dissimilar to any 13, 14, 15, 16 year old facing an 80 mph fastball (yes, this happens; just watch the Little League World Series).

Also, the little league in my town wasn't age-based. It was skill-based. The age gap on some teams was kids as young as 7 and as old as 10. Sometimes there WOULD be a 9 or 10 year old playing with the kids whom were already in Jr High. Why can't this kids league just push him up to an older division, like Dubious suggested?
    Last edited by MikePizzoff; 26-Aug-2008 at 10:00 PM.