Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Zombieland - A film with Woody Harrelson

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    There have been a few things in the comics and cartoon that could be considered zombies. But there was a zombie in the first film, as well...

Driving a taxi cab. So Romero WASN'T the first to have smart zombies!

United States
    I'm not sure we can assume that guy's a zombie. He looks pretty good for a NY taxi cab driver.

Administrator

England
    Stills over at AICN...

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/41379
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Noice! I likes whats I sees. Looking forward to this one more all the time.

United States
    Dug those shots of zombie carnage, especially the ones in Hollywood. Since it is practically my home neighborhood, I have long had nightmares that look pretty much just like that.

Bill Murray is in this one, so going to support this one in the theaters is like a no brainer for me!
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

Super Moderator

United States
    I'm just hoping it's decent and we get to see it soon!

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    I'm just hoping it's decent and we get to see it soon!
    If IMDB is to be trusted ( ), they have a release date set of Oct 9th, which ain't TOO far off.

Undisclosed
    It's looking good. I have learned to stay cautiously optimistic about these things

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSeasonOfFire View Post
    It's looking good. I have learned to stay cautiously optimistic about these things
    ^^^ This should be the official zombie-movie lover's mantra.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    ^^^ This should be the official zombie-movie lover's mantra.
    Either that, or "you gotta be willing to dig through a lot of shit to occasionally strike gold."

Undisclosed
    Check out my 3 min zombie short for the diary contest.
    Among the Dead
    http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoid=29079528

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I'll be there opening night. Looks like a blast!

Anyone else pick up a Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy vibe going on with that voice over?
    Last edited by bassman; 19-Jun-2009 at 01:15 AM.

Administrator

England
    Related interview over at AICN - http://www.aintitcool.com/node/41462

I like to think of it as MIDNIGHT RUN with zombies, the story of these two unlikely people that go on a road trip together. Woody Harrelson is this zombie-killing badass and then Jesse Eisenberg is this sort of wimpy coward and they have both managed to survive.

It takes place in a post apocalyptic zombie world, so it’s more along the lines of 28 DAYS LATER as opposed to the moment of outbreak. So they are just in this post apocalyptic zombie landscape, they meet up on the road, they end up traveling together and it’s a true buddy comedy with these opposite characters with Woody as our badass zombie killer and Jesse being the opposite, but they both manage to survive because of their unique traits. Like Woody can kill every zombie and Jesse puts together a collection of rules that have allowed him to survive using his smarts and his fear to his advantage.

And here's a trailer - http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_pictures/zombieland/ - It looks better than I thought it would!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Norway
    Bleh I dislke Woddy Harryson, when he did the larry flint movie he said in an interview on Norwegian Televison that "if Larry flynt was alive today he would be right at the thick of it, protesting the gulf war" and dont get me started on that sado wank fest that natural born killers was.

Super Moderator

United States
    Finally had a chance to check out the trailer that had been posted and it looks like it could be a bucket full of fun. I'll give it a shot.