Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What is your nickname and why?

United Kingdom

What is your nickname and why?

I like it when people have nicknames and was wondering who here has one, and how you got it?

For myself:

"Min" (my family): short for Minnie the Minx because I used to read The Beano

"Goff" (my school friends): ironic use of what the "townie" element of the school used to call me

"Chicky" (on here, it seems): corruption of Chic, obviously, but I think it's cute.

"Snoo" (Liam): neither of us have any idea where this came from.

"Anita" (most of the people I work with): my model alias. Most people think it's my real name, others know it isn't but can't be bothered to remember two names!

My real name is actually Amy, but not many people call me that these days!

How about you guys?

PS: Sorry if this is supposed to be in The Lounge, I wasn't sure.
    La freak, c'est chic!

.:Twitter:.:Facebook:.:Blogspot:.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    martian. a corruption of my last name.

other than that it has pretty much always been just mike.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

England
    Mines Tricky,just because im called Richard,although "tart" and "sharky" have been applied to me as well
    I dont see a lot of the people who knew me as tricky now though,old school & childhood friends,most people ive met in the last few years just know me as Rich

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    pretty much just danny, ive never been called daniel by anyone other than 60 year old teachers form primary school, blehc, sounds like the name of a cult member to me.

Super Moderator

UK
    Ah man, I've never had a cool nickname.

I just get called "Nick", which I prefer, but it's not exactly a nickname is it?

Either that or I was called, by some people at high school, Tommo - a morphing of my surname. It was generally used by the sporty types when they were in the sort of mood that they were being nice and moderately interested that I was in their vicinity (and I was only there by force of my timetable ).

Otherwise I've been called "Nicky T", which again isn't original or interesting, but it's nice anyway.

I'm thinking about my mates, and there's not necessarily a lot of nicknaming, usually shortening of surnames and names, or like with one mate still calling him by his surname which he no longer possesses (just by force of habit over the years).

There's one we call "Sully" or "Sully Woo" or just "Woo", as his surname is Sullivan. Otherwise I often call people by their actual names, e.g. Ben, Jim, Knox.

Emma (as seen in "Trapped" that I did in 2005, as well as 2004's "my NIGHTMARE") gets a variety of initial-based nicknamery, simply "ECB" or "ekkabuh", so it's something interesting like.

I've rambled on long enough now I think ... so yeah ... Nick or Nicky T ...

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Well on Here it is Dj or Deej (prefer Deej)

Real World it is, Gare to some friends, G-Man, or U - Gare - Ick (put a tongue roll on Gare) Which is part of my last name, which is Ugarek. And sort of the proper pronounciation.

School friends it has always been Mr. G, G-man, or G-spot. (Mostly the girls called me G-spot )

To family it is just Gary (Mom's side - the irish side) to my italian side of the family it is Ga-dy (they can't seem to pronounce the "R") My step fathers side (polish, where I got my Ugarek last name) it is just "G"

I prefer Deej, Gare, or G-man. However, the ladies can call me G-spot (cause I never miss it. )
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Undisclosed
    Pear- No idea

Pepsi- No idea

Peregrin/ took- For some reason people always think that Peri is short for peregrin.

Perence- The head chef at the place I work says Im not british enough so made it up to make me more british.

Pip- A way to annoy pure and simple

Quote lad- I write quite abit and am apt enough with words so write words at the right time are as my friends say a "Fecking Quote!" so yeah.

Zombie- Wonder why this is? Spent hours this afternoon arguing with a bunch of friends if 28 days was a zombie flick or not and theyre not dead! They are living breathing infected carriers of the virus! They did not die and re-animate! ****ing Mtv generation

Goffick- I live in newquay so therefore if youre not a chav youre a

Vicious- o.o I likes to bite

Freak No1- Can spend youre whole life going oh no Im not so thought what the hell, best friend being number two. Immature but that was secondary school I didnt go for the maturity, I went for the free booze

"The Fiend"- I likes my hallucagenics.

Original name being Peri but it seems people need to make their own version o it and ANY kevin and perry remarks will not be tolerated!
    Last edited by CornishCorpse; 29-Aug-2008 at 11:36 PM.
    Why arent you laughing?

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Most people call me by my first name but some friend call me by my last name, Fincher. And sometimes shorten it to Finch for some reason....

Undisclosed
    I have been called many things...most of which the board will probably not allow. Most of the time it is just Mark. Of course my name on the board goes WAY back to the days of online play (Original Quake and Q2) everyone had these D&D sort of names so I chose something stupid just to mock them...and it stuck.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    Most people call me by my first name but some friend call me by my last name, Fincher. And sometimes shorten it to Finch for some reason....
    [Stiffler]$&$^break!! [/Stiffler]

No cool nicknames to brag about, sorry.
    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.

United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by CornishCorpse View Post
    Spent hours this afternoon arguing with a bunch of friends if 28 days was a zombie flick or not and theyre not dead! They are living breathing infected carriers of the virus! They did not die and re-animate! ****ing Mtv generation
    Oh dear... we're going to have a disagreement

The "monsters" may not technically be zombies in that they're obviously not dead, but the films have the hallmarks of zombie movies. The "zombies" are difficult to kill, impossible to reason with, almost inexhaustible, they eat people, they tend to move in packs or swarms and overpower their victims by sheer numbers, if one kills you you turn into one, it spreads until there's virtually no humans (okay, non-infected humans) left.

Also- you have the small group of human survivors who have to co-operate in order to survive in an apocalyptic sort of situation, the end of civilisation is threatened, and suprise suprise, people just can't seem to get along.

You have the classic scenes of someone saying "but I can't kill x, s/he is my wife/ husband/ child/ parent/ best friend etc etc!" while someone else shouts, "they're not any more!" Then Softie gets munched by their wife/ husband/ child/ parent/ best friend.

Also- highlights the worst sides of human nature e.g. panic, abuse of power, selfishness, greed in emergency situations.

28 Days Later may not contain actual zombies but it is definitely still a zombie movie in my book!
    Last edited by Chic Freak; 30-Aug-2008 at 09:53 AM.
    La freak, c'est chic!

.:Twitter:.:Facebook:.:Blogspot:.

Super Moderator

UK
    Agggghhhhh!!!

I'm in with Cornish on this issue, it's NOT a zed flick. They're not dead, they're just super-rabid-people.

The movie may have the stylings of a zombie movie, but it's not a zombie movie. It's a plague movie, or indeed an apocalyptic movie.

There are other movies which carry hallmarks of a genre, but just aren't what they look like ... take Meet the Spartans for example, it's got the hallmarks of a comedy - but it just ain't funny in the slightest.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    People call me Ninja. No, I'm not kidding. THe reason being is that many years ago (can't remember how many, exactly, but definetly more than 5), I was acting in a film as a Ninja. Some people who worked on the film didn't know my real name so they just called me Ninja. And it stuck, I guess.

I always, always introduce myself with my real name, and I always write my real name on papers, or on scripts I write. I can't stand people who credit themselves with nicknames. That's just lame.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post

I always, always introduce myself with my real name, and I always write my real name on papers, or on scripts I write. I can't stand people who credit themselves with nicknames. That's just lame.
    indeed it is lame. grown men going by nicknames they had as 3 year olds like ''buster", "scooter", and "rock" is about as lame as it comes though.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Canada
    lets see....

Chris (my given name)
    Chrissy
    Chrissy-poo
    Chrissy pissy pants
    Baldwin
    Honeybuns (my night leader gave me this nick name after i got some honey buns from the bakery section)
    C-Rob (First letter of first name, with first 3 letters of last name)
    Joker
    little s*it (curtesy of my dad)
    Kipper (my mom used to call me by that when I was a child)
    Piglet
    rubadub
    Roba no show (instead of Robicheau which is my last name, the cleaner at work called me Roba no show because I called in sick to work once)
    Canada (cus, like my home country, I am hardcore)
    Baldeale
    Gravy (I can't even place this one)
    psycho (because my friends think i am nuts to f*ck)
    Roberto
    Little Hitler
    That's all I can remember atm...