Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What is your nickname and why?

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Chic Freak View Post
    Oh dear... we're going to have a disagreement

The "monsters" may not technically be zombies in that they're obviously not dead, but the films have the hallmarks of zombie movies. The "zombies" are difficult to kill, impossible to reason with, almost inexhaustible, they eat people, they tend to move in packs or swarms and overpower their victims by sheer numbers, if one kills you you turn into one, it spreads until there's virtually no humans (okay, non-infected humans) left.

Also- you have the small group of human survivors who have to co-operate in order to survive in an apocalyptic sort of situation, the end of civilisation is threatened, and suprise suprise, people just can't seem to get along.

You have the classic scenes of someone saying "but I can't kill x, s/he is my wife/ husband/ child/ parent/ best friend etc etc!" while someone else shouts, "they're not any more!" Then Softie gets munched by their wife/ husband/ child/ parent/ best friend.

Also- highlights the worst sides of human nature e.g. panic, abuse of power, selfishness, greed in emergency situations.

28 Days Later may not contain actual zombies but it is definitely still a zombie movie in my book!
    Sounds to me like youre describing a vampire flick to be honest, trademarks that work for both vampires and zombies although diffrent things and indeeeeeeed even the infected! John Carpenters vampires hits alot of these or any of the blade films but yet is not a zombie flick? Meh. For me a zombie needs to be well a zombie..Not a frantic spastic or a slave with no mind of its own. Its someone who has fallen and gotten up when they shouldnt have. Alright alright, Ill stop. Sure there are plenty of threads about this in the dead section.

Sorry
    Why arent you laughing?

capncnut
    Sean Yseult? LOL.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    nickname: Trevelyan...

soon to be real name, perhaps.

United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by CornishCorpse View Post
    Sounds to me like youre describing a vampire flick to be honest
    Not really... from the vampire films I've seen, vampires are much more human in that they can think and reason and feel fairly normally. They're not inexhaustible and they tend to work alone or with maybe one other, not in armies like zombies.

Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    Sean Yseult? LOL.

Who's s/he?

Leave me alone, it was 4 years ago That's the hair I had at the Land of the Dead preview in London.

More woolly hair from when I was 18... jeez

La freak, c'est chic!

.:Twitter:.:Facebook:.:Blogspot:.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    28 Days/Weeks Later is a ZOMBIE Movie,

they just aren't Dead, but the textbook definition of ZOmbie fits the infected of 28 Days/Weeks Later
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Canada
    wait, screw giving an opinion on zombies vs 28 days later infected, this is a thread about nicknames..

I am, for once, not going to derail a thread...or r i??dfg?
    Last edited by mista_mo; 01-Sep-2008 at 11:40 AM. Reason: edited post content to reflect original thread subject...ish....

Scotland
    Guess my main nickname is Jamie as my birth name is James, although I've been called Jamie from birth, James is my business name

Also known as Scully, nothing to do with X Files, my surname is Scullion.
    Never liked it, the nickname belongs to my brother more, so some people call me 'Wee Scully' and I dislike that even more.

I was called 'Joe Valentino' for a few months because I combed my hair back.

Recently been called Bluto because of my beard.

P.S: 28 Days later is not a zombie film. One clear definition of a zombie is it has to be dead or unliving. It's more of a survival movie like The Hills have eyes or Wrong Turn.

Canada
    oh shi-

Beardo
    Bearded bandit
    night bitch
    tic tac bandit

all brand new ones, from like, yesterday and today....

Undisclosed
    Man I've had a few of these, so in chronological order;

Del - Slight variation of my real name. If you can't work out what my real name is, please look for your carer, you shouldn't be on the internet unsupervised :P

Delboy - My dad shares my name (tis mine dammit), so his mates called me this.

Decca - Picked up in highschool, one friend took to calling me it, others soon followed.

Dtoo - What happened after my account was accidentally deleted by Neil (among others), refused a post restore and carried on with a new account, I wondered if fate had wanted me to change my name, until...

Dthree - What happened after a second account mishap involving board accidents. Guess fate didn't like Dtoo either. It was suggested in a wrestling chat, and as the board here hasn't had any mishaps since, I'm guessing it's fine.

Pennywise - A gamertag I used when playing Red Alert 2

Gaara of the Sand - A manga related name.

The Corp - A nick from my time in cadets, also used in FSPs.

England
    My nickname here is fairly easy to work out;

Drac from Dracula, enstein from Frankenstein.

My nickname from work;

Oi!
    "and I looked and beheld, a zombie stamped with the number of the Beast"

capncnut
    Who's s/he?
    She was the bassist in White Zombie.

Canada
    I forgot Super Mo!

Jesus Christ, how could I forget that..

United States

Nick names

Ah, MZ - you have your choice of a plethora of names, holding the monopoly on "nick" names, as it were..... I know, pretty bad, but I am saddled with a dry sense of humor (cursed/blessed, depends) .
    Anyway, I was Shelly when I was young (and unless you're a relative, ixnay on that one)
    Miss Chelle (for my name, Michelle, which I only ever went by when I was in trouble with the parents when younger)
    Shelbert (Yup. Sounds like a frozen dessert of some sort)
    Swensonegger (maiden name, best friend in college even wrote me a check and signed it Shell Swensonegger, so I had to endorse it like that )
    Sunshine (I'm a smiler, I admit it...)
    DeeDee (husband came up with it)
    Peaches (Scandinavian complexion - once again, hubby)
    Shelby (best friend from college came up with that, and he still uses it now)
    But I go by Shell on the most part. I don't mind if strangers call me Michelle, but anyone else, it's Shell.

Banned
    Banned User

Undisclosed
    My Nickname is Horror.