Be Kind Rewind

This movie is funny, not what I expected, but still enjoyable

Anyone else seen it?
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Yeah, I really liked it. It didn't hurt that Ghostbusters was the longest "Sweded" segment.

I still think that Mos Def is one of the very few rappers that actually has a good career in acting ahead of him...

United States
    I agree, not what I expected at all. Enjoyable film with a euro-indy feel.
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

Undisclosed
    I was actually quite disappointed with the film. It's start off with some bad comedy and then tries to turn into a really heartfelt story of people coming together through their love of film - which I thought was great - however, the end of the film was not deserved enough because of the front half.

However, I did find the "sweded" movies to be quite clever - but sadly, that didn't carry enough.

As usual in Gondry's films, it did have some AMAZING music - which I downloaded.

I wanted to like the movie more.

pJ
    "See you in L.A., Marvin." - Jack Walsh

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    I still think that Mos Def is one of the very few rappers that actually has a good career in acting ahead of him...

He is also one of the best rappers out there. Some of the best are those most people have probably never heard of. It's too bad that he goes under the radar because he's not as marketable and doesn't play to the lowest common denominator as others do. Good talent.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    He is also one of the best rappers out there. Some of the best are those most people have probably never heard of. It's too bad that he goes under the radar because he's not as marketable and doesn't play to the lowest common denominator as others do. Good talent.
    I'm not much of a rap person really. I just know of his rap and have heard a few things that weren't too bad. But of his acting, I'm quite impressed.

From Monster's Ball, Hitchhikers Guide, Chappelle's show, 16 Blocks, and Be Kind Rewind, I can tell that he DEFINITELY has some comedic chops and most likely the chops to be an actor of genres...

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    I'm not much of a rap person really. I just know of his rap and have heard a few things that weren't too bad. But of his acting, I'm quite impressed.

From Monster's Ball, Hitchhikers Guide, Chappelle's show, 16 Blocks, and Be Kind Rewind, I can tell that he DEFINITELY has some comedic chops and most likely the chops to be an actor of genres...
    Yeah, that happens sometimes. Mark Walhberg is another example of music artists who are also good actors.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Just been bitten

Undisclosed

ah

Did not like this one very much, I laughed a few times, but some of the acting was quite pitiful.

United States
    I didn't like this movie at all.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I guess as a filmmaker myself I can appreciate the film a tad. It has problems, and one too many plots. What I thought would be a movie about making sweded videos, turned into a movie abount a community embracing a false history.

It was marketed as one thing, but was another thing all together. I still enjoyed it somewhat.

I did enjoy how when Jack Black was magnetized everytime he walked by the principal filming movie camera it would get all wiggy.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

United States
    I REALLY disliked this movie. It never got itself together and never could figure out what the hell it wanted to be about. It was so unorganized that the whole movie just seemed like bad inprovisation. One of the worst movies I've seen in years.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Hey Clang, did you care for the directors previos film Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind?

I have notice people who are a fan of that tend to hate Be Kind Rewind, so I figured I would ask.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    Hey Clang, did you care for the directors previos film Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind?
    Now that was a really good movie.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post

I have notice people who are a fan of that tend to hate Be Kind Rewind, so I figured I would ask.
    As a matter of fact yes I love Eternal Sunshine. I didn't know it was the same director until after I saw Be Kind tho.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."