Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: George Lucas redeems himself? (Star Wars Original Versions)

ViP

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by p2501
    PFT, too bad i arleady scored the original trilogy on DVD, like 3 years ago thanks to eBay and Laser disc transfers.

sorry Lucas, to little too late.

I own the lasers, and while they are cool, they aren't the original releases either. They have altered dialogue, enhanced soundtracks and audio channels. I am buying the F out of these babies.

One thing that worries me is the 2.0 audio mix. The first one was released in mono.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG
    They are also doing 3D versions of all 6 films.
    I read something about that not too long ago. Lucas said something like "3D is the future of American cinema"......Come on George!!!! It didn't work in the 50's, it ain't gonna work now! Who wants to sit for two hours, cross eyed wearing silly paper glasss, to watch a flick?

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I don't really mind. I rarely watch Star Wars these days. The original trilogy is pure gold, but I've watched them so much I got tired of them. The prequel trilogy is pure ****e. I used to be a HUGE Star Wars fan. I have the originals on tape, before they were tampered with. But the prequels changed all that. When the first film was released, I deemed it "OK" but only gave it one go at the cinemas. Episode 2, tied together with Episode 1, was alright. But last time I watched it, I was bored to tears. It's a really horrible film, I say. I hated Episode 3 even more. Just to compare, when Episode 1 and 2 were released on DVD, I bought them. And I told myself, I'd do the same with Episode 3 to complete the trilogy. But when I saw it, I was sooo disappointed, I decided that George Lucas won't be seeing any of my money. Infact, I should download it (which I never do otherwise), just out of spite.

George Lucas, **** you.

Dead

Undisclosed
    I have to admit this is a really good idea. My only problem with it is they didn't release this thing the first time.

United States
    Heh, it would take a LOT more for Lucas to redeem himself than releasing the original prints of star wars as they were viewed in the theatres.

Besides, with all he's done to **** on the SW legacy, what makes anyone think he's actually going to put out these three versions and not tinker with it at least a little bit? c'mon!

Nah, he's beyond redemption.. at least in my eyes.

LC
    Last edited by LouCipherr; 10-May-2006 at 01:19 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    i used to be a star was fan but who gives a crap nowadays?

Super Moderator

UK
    'bout time ... not that I'll buy them, can't afford it, but 'bout damn time! Listen to the fans ya bastard Lucas person, ORIGINALS!!! Hopefully all this "Tampered With Edition" crap is finished, like all the Hollywood fads of yore...next up remakes ... hopefully.

Fiji
    Quote Originally Posted by axlish
    I own the lasers, and while they are cool, they aren't the original releases either. They have altered dialogue, enhanced soundtracks and audio channels. I am buying the F out of these babies.

One thing that worries me is the 2.0 audio mix. The first one was released in mono.

i didn't notice any altered dialog. maybe i missed it. either or i'm good with what i have.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    id love to see a remake of a new hope and see if people can tell the diff' between it and spaceballs

Dead

Undisclosed
    "There's only one man who would dare give me rasberry! Lonestar!"

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by axlish

Actually nope... The first time Star Wars showed in theaters it showed with Dobly Stereo. Star Wars and Saturday Night Fever were the two films in 1977 to use the Dolby Stereo system.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerr rrrrrrrrrrdddddddddddddddddddddd!!!!!!!!!!

Super Moderator

UK
    That was the BEST bit of Robot Chicken this season ... or wait a minute, am I thinking of episode 120? Hmmm...needless to say I crap myself with laughter everytime I hear/read someone barging out a full-on "NERD!!!!".

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    robot chicken? are you sure you didnt just imagine this?, if you were from the west country i could blame it on a recent visit to a cider festival but man...

Super Moderator

UK
    It's a show. On something in America called 'Adult Swim' (where they show stuff like Family Guy or whatever I think). It's stop-motion animation with toys and stuff, a bunch of celebs do voices on it like Sarah Michelle Gellar. Seth Green does too, and he's a co-creator. Sh*t, they had Bruce Campbell voicing on episode 205, even had a Bruce Campbell action figure on there, can't remember the context, but it was something damn funny.