Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: George Lucas redeems himself? (Star Wars Original Versions)

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing
    Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerr rrrrrrrrrrdddddddddddddddddddddd!!!!!!!!!!

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie
    That was the BEST bit of Robot Chicken this season ... or wait a minute, am I thinking of episode 120? Hmmm...needless to say I crap myself with laughter everytime I hear/read someone barging out a full-on "NERD!!!!".
    actually the NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDDDDDDD DDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!! comes from the simpsons

episode 1F02 (season five, episode three) homer goes to college

and im a complete simpsons nerd and damned proud of it

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing
    Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerr rrrrrrrrrrdddddddddddddddddddddd!!!!!!!!!!

Proud of it myself. Storing useless tidbits of info like that is what keeps me from getting the sh*tty jobs in the world. Plus it makes me a walking talking Movie database. F*CK IMDB just IM DJ!
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy
    actually the NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDDDDDDD DDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!! comes from the simpsons

I'm a card carrying Simpsons Nerd, myself.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    really?, i lost mine when i was 12 and discovered jackass

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG
    They are also doing 3D versions of all 6 films.
    Will it ever ****ing stop? I love Star Wars, but enough is enough. Hey, George Lucas, write something else to see if you have any talent left.

Undisclosed
    finally - i though it would never happen. the first dvd release was a travesty.

Christmas Island
    I knew Lucas would have to give in. There was just too much demand. First sell the sleazy Special Edition crap under the assumption that the originals will never see the light of day on DVD. When the money is tallied in from that, then release the originals.
    Last edited by MaximusIncredulous; 05-May-2006 at 06:47 AM.

Isle of Man

The Simpsons took it from the classy and classic film entitled "Revenge of the Nerds." I highly recommend that film to all you nerds out there

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenochrome
    I read something about that not too long ago. Lucas said something like "3D is the future of American cinema"......Come on George!!!! It didn't work in the 50's, it ain't gonna work now! Who wants to sit for two hours, cross eyed wearing silly paper glasss, to watch a flick?
    I have to agree with Lucas (& Cameron) here...

I can only assume you've not been to a good IMax 3D showing?

Cameron's next film is in IMax 3D and I can't wait!!!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I love the IMAX format. I watched the History of the Grand Canyon, while visiting family in Phoenix AZ mind you, at the Tempe AZ IMAX theater. IMAX is simply the best way to watch a movie, but IMAX is also very expensive to produce and most people can't handle the motion sickness which comes with IMAX.

I also caught The Lion King, and Spider-Man IMAX releases... Spidey swinging from building to Building even made me a bit queasy.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximusIncredulous
    I knew Lucas would have to give in. There was just too much demand. First sell the sleazy Special Edition crap under the assumption that the originals will never see the light of day on DVD. When the money is tallied in from that, then release the originals.
    I read a newspaper article when he finally released the Trilogy on dvd and they quoted Lucas saying something to the effect that the versions he released are the versions he always intended and the original trilogy will not be released because it was unfinished or some crap like that. I also remember reading on one of the Star Wars sites around 2000-2001 that the Star Wars movies would never be on dvd because Lucas said it was a passing fad. I guess now that dvd is the dominant format he was wrong and changed his mind... or it was reported wrong, but I doubt the latter.

See, my whole view on the special edition matter has changed over the couple "Special Editions" that have come out. The first time I was ok with it because supposedly they included things he wanted in the movie originally and didn't have the budget or was unable to do due to the lack of movie magic at that time. I bought those. Then as more things were tampered with, it made me mad. It became all about making the money. Nobody wants to see Hayden Christensens ghost at the end of ROTJ, he was not there originally and the argument I have heard of "It was his image from the last time he was right with the force" is bullpoopie. Anakin was last right with the force when he killed the Emperor and redeemed himself by ending the Sith lineage (I am not counting the books here).
    Check out my dvd collection @ http://jonas190.dvdaf.com/owned

My Gamertag is reculse189

Join me on Kongregate, its a cool game site
    http://www.kongregate.com?referrer=Jonas190

Christmas Island
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadJonas190
    See, my whole view on the special edition matter has changed over the couple "Special Editions" that have come out. The first time I was ok with it because supposedly they included things he wanted in the movie originally and didn't have the budget or was unable to do due to the lack of movie magic at that time. I bought those. Then as more things were tampered with, it made me mad. It became all about making the money. Nobody wants to see Hayden Christensens ghost at the end of ROTJ, he was not there originally and the argument I have heard of "It was his image from the last time he was right with the force" is bullpoopie. Anakin was last right with the force when he killed the Emperor and redeemed himself by ending the Sith lineage (I am not counting the books here).
    The whole Hayden ghost thing and the explanation of it was a slap in the face of Star Wars fans. He's basically saying, "Hey you're a moron. You'll eat up anything I feed you and treat it like gospel. So buy my sleazy re-edits and f.uck off."

Unfortunately he's got me with the originals .

Super Moderator

UK
    My view on the "I didn't have the budget or resources at the time" - well funk you Lucas, if you were that concerned you should have waited till technology had moved on if you were so fussed about it. Damn.

He's just sore his entire career has been Star Wars.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK

actually it doesnt its from the episode "mayored to the mob" when mark hamills accosted by nerds lisa says "poor mark hamill those nerds are gonna kill him" then homers screams "nnnnneeeerrrrdddsss!" and begins to kick them away from mark hamill and mayor quimby.

it was on last night.