Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: George Lucas redeems himself? (Star Wars Original Versions)

United States
    Now that I agree with. My apologies bassman, I misunderstood.

Christmas Island
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    I saw the originals countless times(still have them all on VHS) and there's nothing wrong with someone improving on their OWN WORK. He's allowed to do it.
    That's true, if you want to call it an improvement, but Lucas is going overboard by wanting to erase the existence of the original originals from public memory.

Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    And even though people will gripe and gripe and gripe about it and never actually admit it, they still know that in the back of their minds, the Special Editions are actually pretty cool with the new footage/effects.
    Not me. I hate all the additions done to the originals. They add nothing whatsoever to the movies and stick out like a sore thumb. He only made the changes in order to lure people into buying tickets to see them in the theater again. They had nothing to do with artistic "vision".

Twitching

Undisclosed
    I don't mind Boba's lines being dubed to make him sound like Jango - that's for continuity reasons. I do mind Boba standing like a statue next to Jabba, watching Luke battle the Rancor and cackling like a villian - that seemed pathetic and cureiosly out of character (well, from a expanded universe perspective). I also don't like Greedo shooting at point blank and hitting a wall, it's horrendous, he has the gun pointed directly at Han and Han doesnt even flinch or duck.