Thread: Official xbox steering wheel?

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed

Official xbox steering wheel?

I just bought this...the first time I plugged it in, I was extremely disappointed. It was too loose, so I'd be driving into walls and whatnot all the time...(game in question: Burnout Paradise)...However the second time I plugged it in, the xbox booted up and suddenly the wheel was much much firmer, and when I got into the game it started fully using it's "force feedback" technology - basically it pushes and pulls the steering wheel in context with the road you're on, so if you're going round a bend the wheel will straighten up, and fight you like it would in a normal driving situation. ITS AMAZING! It feels very authentic, from the way it vibrates when you drive over gravel, to the way you literally feel the turns in the road and the way the wheel straightens itself, of course it's harder than using a thumbstick, bearnig in mind that you can reach "full lock" with one push of your thumb, compared to twisting the wheel over 90 degrees, but still, it's awesome, and adds a real feeling to driving games.

My wanted addition is the ability to use this with GTA4 for the driving moments, with a joypad for anything else...also, the pedals need to be more sticky on the ground, I have wood laminate flooring and they tend to slip a bit - but nothing a bit of blu tack won't fix!

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    sounds cool, shame the only current gen racing game i loved, burnout revenge has no more online servers, but i love f-in' around with new peripherals, like playing max payne, poorly with the rock band drums, or wind waker with the donkey konga bongos....apparently the drums work well with TUHG 2