Thread: For those who don't frequent the Filmmaker's forum...

Super Moderator

UK

For those who don't frequent the Filmmaker's forum...

http://www.milanofilmfestival.it/200...conscience.php

This is a documentary I worked on, check it out:

Fotografia - Cinematography: Nick Thomson
    Thought you folks might be interested to have a look-see, it's premiering in Italy this month and is then going through more festivals, online distribution and will then go on to DVD and TV.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Congrats on another completed project MZ. Feels good to see your stuff up and big festivals isn't it?
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    Congrats on another completed project MZ. Feels good to see your stuff up and big festivals isn't it?
    Indeed it is wicked. The director was also saying that it's either being submitted to, or has been accepted by (can't remember which), a film festival happening in New Delhi sometime soon. No doubt it'll be touring other fests as well.

Undisclosed
    Congrats on this MZ. Make sure you post a date and time when it goes on the tv would like to check this out.
    Why arent you laughing?

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    But you didn't direct it? That's like being an inker.

Which is just a tracer...

Just joshing, mz. Congrats.

capncnut
    Indeed Nick, 'tis cool you gettin' some coverage, bro.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    But you didn't direct it? That's like being an inker.

Which is just a tracer...

Just joshing, mz. Congrats.

Although there is one sequence in it - a reconstruction of a bailiff visit - and Joe just let me take that over entirely, so I storyboarded, shot, directed, edited and coloured that whole sequence.

I did get to help out though in an unofficial capacity in certain director ways, like organising shots, getting to go off and interview members of the Peace Tax Seven on my own, coaching interviewees, that kinda thing. So I got to help Joe out in certain aspects like that as this was his first project as a filmmaker - and I don't mean that in a derogatory manner, because he's done a great job and done well to stick at it and keep plugging away.

Three interesting things that happened to me during this project that spring to mind:

* I (and Joe) got pulled aside by the rozzers (or maybe just guards at the court house we were filming outside of) who wanted to know why we were filming outside there - which had literally become illegal THAT MORNING. We ended up having to tape over 17 seconds of footage, and that was that, but there's that moment of dread when you hear "can you just step over to the side here, Sir?"

* I re-sprained a healing ankle, and then had to drive back home (clutching on my re-sprain) which was an hour long trip.

* I slipped on wet grass and smacked down onto my back, winding myself, dropping my gear (the sturdy DVX100B just reckoned "is that the best you can do, come on!" ) - I properly f*cked up my back, which took months upon months to heal. Occasionally it stiffens up, but now a year later it's pretty good ... anyway, after than fall, I immediately went about filming again for the rest of the day, now that's surely dedication for ya eh? ... it f*ckin' hurt mind you. Popped some pain killers and just got on with it though, all good experience, and taught me the joys of shoes with good grip.

Cheers to you chaps for the kind words, just wanted to share the info, I'm rather chuffed.