Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ghostbusters 3?

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Normally I would agree, but I think this has been a pretty good summer for films. Maybe things will start to pick up a bit...

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    That's probably due in large part to TDK. Without it what else was there really? Any films we'll be talking about years from now. And not because they were sucky.
    Last edited by darth los; 05-Sep-2008 at 07:43 PM.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I did enjoy a few comedies. Forgetting Sarah Marshall, Tropic Thunder...

I'm sure alot of people will be talking about Iron Man. Personally, I thought it was rather...well..."meh"...

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    I did enjoy a few comedies. Forgetting Sarah Marshall, Tropic Thunder...

I'm sure alot of people will be talking about Iron Man. Personally, I thought it was rather...well..."meh"...

If it weren't for TDK, Iron man would have been the movie of the summer. Now what that actually speaks to is anyone's guess.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    If it weren't for TDK, Iron man would have been the movie of the summer. Now what that actually speaks to is anyone's guess.
    Well played, sir.

Yeah, TDK made this summer. Definitely...

Super Moderator

UK
    This summer will be defined by the phrase "why so serious", and the image of The Joker a la Ledger, deffo.

And that's kinda cool, TDK has been absolutely massive and IS the movie of 2008, and totally justified in that position too.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    I agree.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Even if something along these lines happened it had better be a departure from that sad outing they had for the sequel. Ghostbusters 2 = 'Teh suck'!
    I have a confession to make.......I actually like GB 2 better than the original......

I'm in no way saying its better than the original because it clearly is not but, I have more of a soft spot for it I guess since I saw that on more than the original when I was little.

United States
    GB 2 wasn't that bad.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    I have a confession to make.......I actually like GB 2 better than the original......

I'm in no way saying its better than the original because it clearly is not but, I have more of a soft spot for it I guess since I saw that on more than the original when I was little.
    IF you were to look around GB forums, you would be surprised how many hardcore GB fans enjoy the sequel more than the original. It's quite common, actually.

Some even like the cartoons but don't like either of the films. Now THAT blows my mind...

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Meh. Didn't like Ghostbusters 2 at all.

United States
    The two words that ruined GB II for me: Mood Slime.

I always thought that the GB RPG that came out had an interesting idea: following the events in the original movie the appearance of Gozer in our dimension has permanently blown open the door to the spirit world, leaving us with the levels of haunting leading up to it's arrival.

As Venkman mentioned when taking out the loan from the bank "the franchise rights alone will make us rich beyond out wildest dreams." the Ghostbusters sell franchises world wide, just like McDonalds, with them as the head of Ghostbusters International. Players create their own characters & open their own franchise. Fun game.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Straight from the source! Color me surprised. This is just in the scripting stages, but it's something. I have highlighted the part that blew my mind...

This is a letter from Harold Ramis(writer/Egon Spengler) to a local newspaper in his hometown.

yes, columbia is developing a script for GB3 with my year one writing partners, gene stupnitsky and lee eisenberg. judd apatow is co-producing year one and has made several other films for sony, so of course the studio is hoping to tap into some of the same acting talent. aykroyd, ivan reitman and i are consulting at this point, and according to dan, bill murray is willing to be involved on some level. he did record his dialogue for the new ghostbusters video game, as did danny and i, and ernie hudson. the concept is that the old ghostbusters would appear in the film in some mentor capacity. not much else to say at this point. everyone is confident a decent script can be written and i guess we’ll take it from there.
    best,
    harold
    I still can't get over the fact that Murray has already said he'd participate. Apatow's gang sounds like a good idea, as well. If this comes to be a reality, it's a good year for Ghostbusters fans!

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Awesome! I'm just nervous Judd Apatow's crew would make it too goofy.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    Awesome! I'm just nervous Judd Apatow's crew would make it too goofy.
    I don't think they would. I've read interviews and all those guys seem to be fans and respect the original(and RGB was even mention in Superbad) so obviously they wouldn't try to make a raunchy R-rated film lik they normally do.

And with the writers/actors/director of the original on board to, at the very least, supervise.....this could turn out to be something really special. Or horrible. Either way. Who knows.