Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Ghostbusters 3?

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie04 View Post
    Until the end when the new team screws up and they're forced to suit up once more to save the day. I don't want to make it sound like it'll be predictable, but I'm calling it now.
    I agree 100%. Someone's gonna owe us money when this movie comes out.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie04 View Post
    Until the end when the new team screws up and they're forced to suit up once more to save the day. I don't want to make it sound like it'll be predictable, but I'm calling it now.

In a way I want this movie to be made, but I wouldn't be crushed if it never happened. I just want the game already!
    Maybe....but it seems too much like Louis suiting up at the end of GB2. Hopefully these new writers won't copy and paste like they did between GB1 and GB2.

Just found this...
    Mr. Hough has sent in an article from Cinema Blend that claims Production Weekly, a film trade magazine, available only through expensive subscription, has listed Ghostbusters 3 in the latest issue (#650, March 5th). More interesting is that while no surprise actors are listed as attached, the listing does say Apatow Productions is attached. I’m not willing to shell out $60 to confirm, but the Production Weekly website does list that this issue does include Ghostbusters 3 as a listing. This is not the same as an official announcement from Sony/Columbia that production is greenlit - it’s possible that this listing is only included because Aykroyd, Ramis and Columbia have all confirmed that a script has been commissioned, and the Apatow connection has long been a rumour. Production Weekly may have some insight into that, but none that Cinema Blend (who presumably saw the issue) read, so for the time being this is encouraging, but still not final confirmation.
    Last edited by bassman; 02-Mar-2009 at 12:09 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    ^^^

Maybe that's why i don't like the sequel as much as the original. It felt like the same movie yet not pulled off as well. Imo, it was inferior and didn't do anything as well as it's predecessor.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    I must be the only person in the world who likes GB2 better than 1. It had a better villain with a lot more screen time, Winston was in it from the start, there was more action, plenty of humour, there was good chemistry between the cast and the Statue of Liberty finale was superb. GB1 on the other hand, takes a longer time to get going and relied a lot more of Peter Venkman's goofiness.
    Last edited by krakenslayer; 02-Mar-2009 at 12:57 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by krakenslayer View Post
    I must be the only person in the world who likes GB2 better than 1. It had a better villain with a lot more screen time, Winston was in it from the start, there was more action, plenty of humour, there was good chemistry between the cast and the Statue of Liberty finale was superb. GB1 on the other hand, takes a longer time to get going and relied a lot more of Peter Venkman's goofiness.
    Nah, you're not the only one. Trust me.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy GB2. It's just that they seem like they were trying to duplicate the sucess of the first film rather than create a whole new story.

Here are some similarities and can be used to describe both films...

•Dana is menaced by supernatural evil.

•A clueless, hopeless wierdo is introduced who is all but stalking Dana.

•The Ghostbusters are down on their luck/just starting out.

•Ray, Egon, and Venkman have a bust that turns things around for them.

•There's a montage sequence where business picks up.

•The Weirdo is posessed by the bad guys.

•The Bad Guys get Dana.

•The Ghostbusters are menaced and put under lock and key by a dickless, jack-off beaurocrat, before the mayor helps them.

•The show down where something big walks down the street and steps on stuff.
    Those are just a few off the top of my head. As I said, I still love GB2. And even though it was more of a copy of the original, it also had a good bit of interesting and new things to bring to the table.

The mood slime

the possessed painting/Vigo

World of The Psychic

And I also loved the "Peace" commentary woven throughout the flick.

So it's not all bad. Hooray for GB2!
    Last edited by bassman; 02-Mar-2009 at 01:39 PM.

Scotland

Great post, bassman!

United States
    Ugh, the mood slime? That was stupid! I like the movie but it's worse (IMO) than the original.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.G View Post
    Ugh, the mood slime? That was stupid! I like the movie but it's worse (IMO) than the original.
    Well if you wanna get technical about it.....mood slime was in the first film. There's just good slime and bad slime.

"That's great. Actual, physical contact!........can you move?"
    Last edited by bassman; 02-Mar-2009 at 08:38 PM.

Dead

Undisclosed
    If the mood slime does nothing for you maybe this will

"Your Honor, ladies and gentleman of the audience, I don't think it's fair to call my clients frauds. Sure, the blackout was a big problem for everybody. I was trapped in an elevator for two hours and I had to make the whole time. But I don't blame them. Because one time, I turned into a dog and they helped me. Thank you."

It's good, though upon rewatching the scene it could be included in Bassman's list of similarities to the first with the catching of Slimer in the hotel, although without the funniest line "I looked in the trap Ray!"

Scotland
    "You guys are making a big mistake... I got my law degree at night school!"

"Well that's fine Louis, we got arrested at night."

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by krakenslayer View Post
    "You guys are making a big mistake... I got my law degree at night school!"

"Well that's fine Louis, we got arrested at night."
    Louis had many good lines in the sequel....

"my guys are under a judicial restrangement order. The blue thing I got from her! And they could be exposing themselves!"

"....and you don't want US exposing ourselves!"

Between the two films, Rick Moranis had some of the funniest material, imho. He's probably second to Murray and Ramis. Where have you gone, Moranis?.
    Last edited by bassman; 02-Mar-2009 at 11:03 PM.

Super Moderator

UK
    Moranis just gave up acting didn't he? He said once he'd earned enough to just live on forever, he'd give up - and he's stuck to his word I guess.

Oh well.

I love GB2, even if GB1 is better - but GB1 obviously came first, and sequels are rarely better than the first ... I like to watch GB1 and GB2 as a pair, regardless of being very similar to GB1 (when you break it down), there's still a progression in the characters and their story ... plus it's just a fun flick with some great lines and scenes.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Moranis just gave up acting didn't he? He said once he'd earned enough to just live on forever, he'd give up - and he's stuck to his word I guess.

Oh well.
    He's now a country singer.

I love GB2, even if GB1 is better - but GB1 obviously came first, and sequels are rarely better than the first ... I like to watch GB1 and GB2 as a pair, regardless of being very similar to GB1 (when you break it down), there's still a progression in the characters and their story ... plus it's just a fun flick with some great lines and scenes.
    One fan's theory on how to make Gb2 better...

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    He's now a country singer.
    That was totally unexpected.