Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dextor - What a great series...

Administrator

England

Dextor - What a great series...

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Undisclosed
    LOVE dexter....My wife and I are religious watchers of the series. I cant wait for season three....
    "I Like Your Christ, I Do Not Like Your Christians,
    Your Christians Are So Unlike Your Christ."
    ~Mohandas K. Ghandi

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by dmbfanintn View Post
    LOVE dexter....My wife and I are religious watchers of the series. I cant wait for season three....
    Wait! You've seen series 2 already? We're still on series 1 here
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Geez Neil, you're watching it on ITV-1?!

Dear dear, I finished watching season 2 months ago...bless the internet.

But aye - awesome show.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I've heard alot of good things about the show, but never actually seen it on. Seen PLENTY of ads for it between Weeds and Californication(awesome show, btw), but I never actually see it playing.

Might have to set the DVR up to record it and see what all the hoopla is about...

Super Moderator

UK
    Just start from the beginning of course, don't be started half-way through a season or some bollocks. Do it properly.

Bloody good show though.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    loved it, if you liked weeds its kinda like that, watched it on fx last year, cant wait for season 2.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    I've heard alot of good things about the show, but never actually seen it on. Seen PLENTY of ads for it between Weeds and Californication(awesome show, btw), but I never actually see it playing.

Might have to set the DVR up to record it and see what all the hoopla is about...
    Bassman, you've got to check out Dexter. One of the better series around, bar none.

I agree that you should watch from episode one, though my wife and I jumped from season 2. While we were able to figure out a lot of it (with the help of recaps) but still this would have been more enjoyable in chronological order. A lot of the character development and background will be missing if you go out of order. Just a suggestion!
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

Administrator

England
    Definately... Start from the start!
    -Carl Sagan

Undisclosed
    Oh yeah, we are already through season 2 on Showtime here in the states.

Dexter is great, bassman you would love that show!

All of the episodes from both seasons are available to those who are inclined to look for them.... bt
    "I Like Your Christ, I Do Not Like Your Christians,
    Your Christians Are So Unlike Your Christ."
    ~Mohandas K. Ghandi

Dying

Undisclosed

Dexter is great

as a tv series, but the books are better than the show, and even darker. The last one, Dexter in the Dark goes some really hard places. Ok, so let's try this edit again. Hellsing, not sure what Dexter has in common with Weeds, aside from their homes on Showtime. And Neil, there's a sanitized version of Dexter floating around American TV, no cussing, blood, etc. Hope that's NOT the one you're watching.
    Last edited by Geophyrd; 09-May-2008 at 01:26 PM.
    Geo the Giant Killer aka Geophyrd aka me
    http://geophyrd.livejournal.com/

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Geophyrd View Post
    as a tv series, but the books are better than the show, and even darker. The last one, Dexter in the Dark goes some really hard places. Ok, so let's try this edit again. Hellsing, not sure what Dexter has in common with Weeds, aside from their homes on Showtime. And Neil, there's a sanitized version of Dexter floating around American TV, no cussing, blood, etc. Hope that's NOT the one you're watching.
    How do you not have blood in Dexter
    -Carl Sagan

Dying

Undisclosed

Really good question

The third book in the series really goes to a very dark place...one I doubt the showtime series will emulate. I don't want to spoilers anything;

suffice it to say that Harry's code gets carried to another generation.

Administrator

England
    Does the series follow the book(s) well?
    -Carl Sagan

Dying

Undisclosed

Following the books

Not really...people die in the books who live in the series and visa versa. The first season was Dearly Devoted Dexter plus more material. The second and third books are, as yet, primarily untapped.