Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Fallout 3 (video game)

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    sorry!! fallout 3 = must rent!! :P

Super Moderator

UK
    lol, sowee...you know how things get off course easily when it comes to discussion.

With me having to wait until GSC get off their bum-bums and properly patch STALKER:CS to decent working order (it works, but runs a bit meh, and I've got minimal graphics when I can run HL2 Episode 2 looking beautiful), then I might just go for Fallout 3 as my next pre-order purchase to get my nuclear-based apocalyptic freak on.

Seriously, GSC need to get off their arses and learn how to code an efficient game, as much as I love the STALKER franchise, they're f*cking useless at coding, particularly coding for efficiency and wide-compatibility.

Undisclosed
    i know this is about Fallout 3, but...
    Fallout 2 is my favorite PC game EVER! Heck, Sulik was a better friend to me than a lot of real-life people! Now that was a down-ass mother****er, man! He would just run through somebody's door and obliterate somebody with his grease gun, with no questions asked!

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I just looked up the achievements for this game and they seem great. Seems like just about all achievements won't be damn-near-impossible to get, yet will be fun obtaining at the same time.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Bub666 View Post
    dude im quite serious, one gameplay vid showed them putting a live grenade in a drunk hobos pocket and they then stood back as she patted herself down for it till she exploded in a cloud of "matter"

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    dude im quite serious, one gameplay vid showed them putting a live grenade in a drunk hobos pocket and they then stood back as she patted herself down for it till she exploded in a cloud of "matter"
    I got to play this game,it sounds freaking hilarious.

Super Moderator

UK
    You mean the drunk bloke at the gates of Tenpenny Tower? ... that was a dude, dude.

Funny as fook though. Some sort of Prankster achievement I believe, I'll deffo be doing that when I get the chance.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    nope ive seen it in a couple and its a woman, they even mentioned it in the feature in the official magazine 2 or 3 issues back.

Super Moderator

UK
    nope ive seen it in a couple and its a woman, they even mentioned it in the feature in the official magazine 2 or 3 issues back.
    Oh ... right ... guess you weren't high then.

*snaps fingers*

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    One of the best games I've ever played, so far. Completely fncking incredible.

United States
    I just got this game today,and it is awesome.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    anyone know if you get to visit any of those crazy experiment vaults in the game?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    anyone know if you get to visit any of those crazy experiment vaults in the game?
    I have no clue. I've probably already put in about 7 hours and have only done one storyline missions... the rest I've just been getting to know people and doing small side-quests for cash (bottle caps).

Word of advice: be extremely careful traveling! There have been a couple times that groups of raiders actually ambushed me! Some stayed hidden (in bushes, on raised highways, in busted buildings) and others snuck around me to attack from the back. Once a guy had a freakin flamethrower so I was kinda screwed.

This game has gotten my heart pounding a bunch of times already. Like when I was raiding a supermarket for food/medicine and it turned out there was a ton of renegades inside, keeping guard of the supplies they had. It can be pretty suspenseful.

Another thing I've found particularly awesome/entertaining: I've been walking out in the wasteland a couple of times and start to hear tons of gunfire, so I take cover in fear for my life. But when I peek out, it ends up that it's either two people having a show-down or a group of hunters chasing a wild beast for food (they turned out to be real friendly).

Super Moderator

UK
    It certainly sounds and looks like a kick ass game, and I'll will deffo pick it up sometime soon.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Wow, this game just keeps getting better. I spent over an hour exploring an abandoned elementary school that raiders took over.