Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Fallout 3 (video game)

Undisclosed

Fallout 3 (video game)

What ze heck guys? I thought a haven of apocolayptic fun like hpotd would have something to say about this. Anyone? I cant wait for this, this looks to be one of the games that is going to keep me inside for a long long long while. Described as Oblivion without the wizards swords and magic. Anyone fancy playing a more deep version of mad max? Hunting down mutants or anyone that you think is giving you the evil eye or being " the sheriff?" This looks to me like a brighter more indepth stalker..

Description:

Vault-Tec engineers have worked around the clock on an interactive reproduction of Wasteland life for you to enjoy from the comfort of your own vault. Included is an expansive world, unique combat, shockingly realistic visuals, tons of player choice, and an incredible cast of dynamic characters. Every minute is a fight for survival against the terrors of the outside world – radiation, Super Mutants, and hostile mutated creatures. From Vault-Tec, America’s First Choice in Post Nuclear Simulation.

Story:

Vault 101 – Jewel of the Wastes. For 200 years, Vault 101 has faithfully served the surviving residents of Washington DC and its environs, now known as the Capital Wasteland. Though the global atomic war of 2077 left the US all but destroyed, the residents of Vault 101 enjoy a life free from the constant stress of the outside world. Giant Insects, Raiders, Slavers, and yes, even Super Mutants are all no match for superior Vault-Tec engineering. Yet one fateful morning, you awake to find that your father has defied the Overseer and left the comfort and security afforded by Vault 101 for reasons unknown. Leaving the only home you’ve ever known, you emerge from the Vault into the harsh Wasteland sun to search for your father, and the truth.

Key Features:

Limitless Freedom! – Take in the sights and sounds of the vast Capital Wasteland! See the great monuments of the United States lying in post-apocalyptic ruin! You make the choices that define you and change the world. Just keep an eye on your Rad Meter!

Experience S.P.E.C.I.A.L.! – Vault-Tec engineers bring you the latest in human ability simulation – the SPECIAL Character System! Utilizing new breakthroughs in points-based ability representation, SPECIAL affords unlimited customization of your character. Also included are dozens of unique skills and perks to choose from, each with a dazzling variety of effects!

Fantastic New Views! – The wizards at Vault-Tec have done it again! No longer constrained to just one view, experience the world from 1st or 3rd person perspective. Customize your view with the touch of a button!

The Power of Choice! – Feeling like a dastardly villain today, or a Good Samaritan? Pick a side or walk the line, as every situation can be dealt with in many different ways. Talk out your problems in a civilized fashion, or just flash your Plasma Rifle.

Blast ‘Em Away With V.A.T.S.! – Even the odds in combat with the Vault-Tec Assisted Targeting System for your Pip-Boy Model 3000! V.A.T.S. allows you to pause time in combat, target specific body parts on your target, queue up attacks, and let Vault-Tec take out your aggression for you. Rain death and destruction in an all-new cinematic presentation.

Mind-Blowing Artificial Intelligence! – At Vault-Tec, we realize that the key to reviving civilization after a global nuclear war is people. Our best minds pooled their efforts to produce an advanced version of Radiant AI, America’s First Choice in Human Interaction Simulation. Facial expressions, gestures, unique dialog, and lifelike behavior are brought together with stunning results by the latest in Vault-Tec technology.

Eye-Popping Prettiness!* – Witness the harsh realities of nuclear fallout rendered like never before in modern super-deluxe HD graphics. From the barren Wasteland, to the danger-filled offices and metro tunnels of DC, to the hideous rotten flesh of a mutant’s face.

Official Site

http://fallout.bethsoft.com/eng/home...hp?fbid=BvirG1

Check the gameplay videos, if link doesnt work mods fix please? and if theres another fallout thread delete this one.
    Last edited by CornishCorpse; 08-Sep-2008 at 12:14 AM.
    Why arent you laughing?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    i dont think anyone mentioned it because, like left 4 dead, its a must buy.

Undisclosed
    Lol Touche sir! Well just incase anyone missed it.
    Why arent you laughing?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    well what can you see happeneing except:

"dude you see that sweet fallout 3 trailer?"

"i know, that game looks sweet!"

and vice versas and so ons till it opens a black hole with its pull.

United States
    The 5 gameplay videos recently released on Xbox Live look truly amazing. What's more fun that detonating a nuke?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by CoinReturn View Post
    The 5 gameplay videos recently released on Xbox Live look truly amazing. What's more fun that detonating a nuke?
    putting a grenade in a hobos pocket while they sleep?

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post

I too saw those recent vids, it looks like a rate tasty game alright.

I think I'll get it, I've been wrestling with which game to get in the Oct/Nov time zone, there's so many to choose from!

Saints Row 2
    Gears of War 2
    Fallout 3
    Call of Duty 5

And then there's also Mercenaries 2...but I've just ordered Battlefield: Bad Company, as I've been meaning to play that for ages so I figured I'd better catch up.

Setting off that nuke in one of those vids was awesome though, I wonder if you're able to go back to that shanty town where the bomb was located afterwards?

Also, apparently you can trundle all the way to the centre of Washington DC and see the Capitol building or whatever it's called, you know, the really famous one you always see on telly. I wonder how long the trek to that would be?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Anybody have any clue how big the "world" is going to be? I'd like to know if it could take you over an hour to walk from one side to the other, like in Oblivion.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post

I too saw those recent vids, it looks like a rate tasty game alright.

I think I'll get it, I've been wrestling with which game to get in the Oct/Nov time zone, there's so many to choose from!

Saints Row 2
    Gears of War 2
    Fallout 3
    Call of Duty 5

And then there's also Mercenaries 2...but I've just ordered Battlefield: Bad Company, as I've been meaning to play that for ages so I figured I'd better catch up.

Setting off that nuke in one of those vids was awesome though, I wonder if you're able to go back to that shanty town where the bomb was located afterwards?

Also, apparently you can trundle all the way to the centre of Washington DC and see the Capitol building or whatever it's called, you know, the really famous one you always see on telly. I wonder how long the trek to that would be?

HA....and you'll f**king LOVE saints row 2 compared to GTA4....I'm storing up all my "i told you sos" for you...hahahaha

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicX View Post
    HA....and you'll f**king LOVE saints row 2 compared to GTA4....I'm storing up all my "i told you sos" for you...hahahaha
    Er, nope.

I'll enjoy playing SR2, like I did with SR1, but I'm completely turned off by all that wigga, gang-banging thug wanky bollocks they insist on putting in. I've already played San Andreas, in 2005, I don't need any more of that mocksta (mock gangsta) bullpoo thank you very much.

GTA IV had thugs and mobsters, but they were interesting characters in themselves, Rockstar can do characterisation quite well...whereas I didn't give a single bollocks about any of the characters in SR1, nor anything to do with the story, it was just an excuse to have a bit of fun and await GTA IV to be honest.

I'll enjoy SR2, but it doesn't have the heart or soul or story or characterisation of GTA, and that's my view on that issue, so there we are.

I'll get GOW2 and Fallout 3 before I get SR2 as well probably, even though I currently have it pre-ordered, but I'll probably cancel that pre-order in favour of Fallout 3 at this rate.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Yeah i'm not holding up any hope for the story or characters....I just want a game that I can have a laugh with....something to do....all the stuff which makes games fun outside of story, character development, and asthetics....it's only a matter of time before you'll be wearing a purple gang colour....hahaha

Super Moderator

UK
    That is one downside I freely admit with GTA IV, the lack of post-completion fun to be had outside of sprees, shooting birds you randomly happen across, and doing stunt jumps.

But GTA IV was still a superb game in my opinion, and with about 100 hours officially clocked in it so far, I think that's proof enough of my devotion to it. Hopefully the next GTA will take the awesomeness and scope of GTA IV, but amp up the random fun quota - which can still fit within the "realism" aesthetic and the "drama", because such fun is ultimately a choice and doesn't impinge on the storyline.

With the freedom of a free-roaming world, you've gotta have that variety, which will be something I enjoy with SR2, it's just all that gangsta crap we have to put up with YET AGAIN.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    100 hours? That's pretty impressive...you must've loved it...!

And yeah I agree with the points about the next GTA, it can ONLY get better....

And yeah man, that's one of my gripes with a lot of city based free roam games, they are so hip hop....it's really annoying....and SR, no matter how playable, played up to that stuff so badly, it was just shameful...and the attempt at humour? Gimmie a break! GTA has the best writing staff and they put SR to shame with just one radio based joke, compared to hours worth on SR that weren't even worth laughing about..."Freckle Bitches, you can't beat our meat!"....yeah.....stolen from some internet joke emails. Terrible.

Still, that's why I ripped music to my HD....

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I thought this thread was about Fallout 3?