Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: True Blood - New VAMPIRE TV series on HBO

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    Seems like Skinemax is bleeding over to HBO series.
    that isn't exactly a bad thing now is it?

what with all this talk of sex and vampires, i just might have to download this puppy. whoops. now horrormad might have to chastize me...
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Banned
    Banned User

Undisclosed
    This is off the subject, but have any of you guys ever read the Philip K. Dick vampire story about the old lady?

This little boy goes over to this old lady's house every day after school and reads the paper to her and keeps her company and what not. Well, he notices that every day he comes over she gets a little bit younger, and he grows more and more tired.

Well, at the very end. He leaves her house one final time, and as he's walking home, he crumbles into dust. And the old lady transform into a young beautiful woman.

Awesome damn story. If anyone knows this story, I would appreciate it if you could tell me the title of it. I forgot it, and I can't seem to find it anywhere, and since Philip K. Dick has about a million short stories, I can't really google it either.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
    This is off the subject, but have any of you guys ever read the Philip K. Dick vampire story about the old lady?

This little boy goes over to this old lady's house every day after school and reads the paper to her and keeps her company and what not. Well, he notices that every day he comes over she gets a little bit younger, and he grows more and more tired.

Well, at the very end. He leaves her house one final time, and as he's walking home, he crumbles into dust. And the old lady transform into a young beautiful woman.

Awesome damn story. If anyone knows this story, I would appreciate it if you could tell me the title of it. I forgot it, and I can't seem to find it anywhere, and since Philip K. Dick has about a million short stories, I can't really google it either.

That story sounds very familiar.But I can't remember the name of it.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by scipio70 View Post
    that isn't exactly a bad thing now is it?
    Well, thinking about it.. No, but, well...

Sh!t, I guess I will just shut up now because I really don't have a retort to that answer.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Anyone catch last nights episode of True Blood? Another sex filled Vampire romp, with the lead character, Suki (Anna Paquin), falling for Bill, the 142 year old Vampire.

While the blood n Guts aren't on display, I still think this show has potential if they could advance the plotline faster.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

United States
    Yeah,I watched last nights episode of True Blood.So far after two episodes I like the show.

Administrator

England
    When is this coming to the UK
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    You Tube Neil... You Tube
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

United States
    I'm liking it quite a bit so far. Good show, GREAT characters, nice slow burn. Kind of a serial quality with the endings so far. 9/10
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    You guys really enjoyed it? My girlfriend and I have been having a blast mocking the commercials we've been seeing for it.

In my bluntest opinion: It looks like sh1t.

United States
    Yeah, judging by the commercials I was scoffing at it too. But I gave it a chance since I loved 6 Feet Under so much. I'm glad I did. It's really good.. . . so far.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

United States
    I still think this show has potential if they could advance the plotline faster.
    I agree.The only problem that I have with the show is that the story's moving a little too slow.
    Last edited by Bub666; 16-Sep-2008 at 03:40 AM.

Administrator

England
    You Tube Neil... You Tube
    I'm too much of a snob to watch it on a PC and in low quality... On my TV in good quality only for me!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Undisclosed
    The lead chick finally showed her stuff and it looked good. *S*

United States
    I really love this show.It gets better and better ever week I watch it.