Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: True Blood - New VAMPIRE TV series on HBO

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    To me it's just a girly "relationship" series, with some horror staples thrown in. None of which are particularly interesting. I watched the entire 1st series and simply couldn't be bothered checking out the next. The gratuitous fuck scenes every episode are tiresome, there's no real "horror" going on, the vampires are boring, the werewolves/shapeshifters tedious and the humans are arseholes.

...and vampires can't fuck, they're dead. That's the real killer for me in this show.

It's a shade better than 'Twilight', but certainly in the same bracket as that.
    it has gotten a lot better with that since the first season,, the 3rds a little slow but probably the best so far.

-and heres that ending scene:

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    To me it's just a girly "relationship" series, with some horror staples thrown in. None of which are particularly interesting. I watched the entire 1st series and simply couldn't be bothered checking out the next. The gratuitous fuck scenes every episode are tiresome, there's no real "horror" going on, the vampires are boring, the werewolves/shapeshifters tedious and the humans are arseholes.

...and vampires can't fuck, they're dead. That's the real killer for me in this show.

It's a shade better than 'Twilight', but certainly in the same bracket as that.
    I see your point, It IS a relationship series. But it's not a girlie relationship series. The books are. . .no doubt. . a badly written tawdry romance series. But the show has been injected with very likable characters with real motivation and growth. It is far and above it's own original source material. . .which is pretty rare.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Ireland
    My GF likes it a lot. But everytime I walk in on the show, there's someone screwing a vampire.

I just perfer my vamps to be scarier, you know? Like '20 Days of Night' scary. Probably the best vampire film in the last 20 years. I'm just bored of the Anne Rice/Buffy type of sexy boy vampire woman's fantasy. It's just really flat to me.

I've never read the Sookie Stackhouse novels, that 'True Blood' is based on. But, I hear that fans of the books are no uniformly happy with the show. I've no desire to touch them anyway.

Bottom line is that, 'True Blood' is just "not my cup of tea". I like the opening titles though.
    Last edited by shootemindehead; 20-Aug-2010 at 12:03 AM.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

United States
    To each there own. Snoop Dogs a fan of the show apparently.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8tODhvb47s&feature=related

i forgot how to do the embed thingy
    "if wishs were fishes we'd all cast nets" - Gurney Hallack

England
    Working my way through the 2nd series now. Still excellent. Love the humour. Great to see Hank from Breaking Bad pop up.
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Tonights was good, not enough of the king of Mississippi in it though, that crazy bastards made this season.

England
    And for fucks sake can we stop with the spoilers people. Is it really that difficult hide some text.
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA