Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Dark Knight to be re-released

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    My Guess... Mr. Katie Holmes had something to do with it.
    I think it was more likely Katie her self. I think she was signed up, but in the end other projects got in the way...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Christmas Island
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    And I disagree with your opinion on The Crow. When I first saw it, I knew nothing of Lee's death and still thought it was a cool film. Still do.
    Speaking of The Crow, anyone feel TDK was trying to inject some Crow into Ledger's Joker? Or maybe it's the other way around. I dunno. Just thought it strange how Ledger was reminding me of Lee, not because of premature death, just the makeup.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximusIncredulous View Post
    Speaking of The Crow, anyone feel TDK was trying to inject some Crow into Ledger's Joker? Or maybe it's the other way around. I dunno. Just thought it strange how Ledger was reminding me of Lee, not because of premature death, just the makeup.
    Never thought of the Crow at all when watching TDK and Ledger's Joker, I was always thinking more along the lines of Sid Vicious.

United Kingdom
    Ish. I did think that (proof! hahaha) but as well as the smeary goth-esque makeup and premature deaths they also both play goth-friendly, driven, romantic loner type characters with histories of abuse and loss.
    La freak, c'est chic!

.:Twitter:.:Facebook:.:Blogspot:.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Nah, I didn't get that feeling. I have heard alot of people say that his make up reminds them of Beetlejuice, though.

Nice signature, Chic.

"My father was....a drinker. And a fiend. And one night he goes off crazier than usual. Mommy gets the kitchen knife to defend herself. He doesn't like that. NOT...ONE...BIT."

Okay, now I want to go home and watch it.

United Kingdom
    Okay, now I want to go home and watch it.
    Me too. I want a copy. Give me your copy.
    La freak, c'est chic!

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Chic Freak View Post
    Me too. I want a copy. Give me your copy.
    shhhhh. That kind of talk isn't allowed around here.

But it's out there if you really want it...

United Kingdom
    shhhhh. That kind of talk isn't allowed around here.

But it's out there if you really want it...
    It's okay, I was kidding I'm sure I'll track down something when I get a chance, although I'd rather wait it out for a proper copy than ye olde video-camera-in-cinema job.
    La freak, c'est chic!

Super Moderator

UK
    Apparently we're supposed to be able to pre-order it towards the end of this month.

Providing the DVD isn't delayed, but I assume that rumour is just bollocks. Missing out on the Xmas season would be utterly stupid.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I doubt they would lose any money if the delayed the DVD.

TDK is the second highest grossing film on the planet, $515 million in ticket sales US alone, trust me they aren't worried. Imagine if it does get an OSCAR nom, it means more money for the movie. They won't lose out at all.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

United Kingdom
    Hopefully seeing it again tomorrow night if there's nothing else on at the local cinema (which there probably won't be... it's an extremely old and traditional and rural cinema. They even still have a break in the middle and someone who comes round with little tubs of ice-cream on a tray hung round their neck).
    La freak, c'est chic!

Super Moderator

UK
    I thought this cinema re-release was just a formality though to apply to the Oscars?

I think it wouldn't do them any favours not releasing the DVD for Xmas, especially with all the interest and hype - strike while the iron's hot damnit, people want the DVD, f*ckin' give 'em it.

Also, after Xmas, everybody's strapped for cash so they're not rushing out to buy a bunch of stuff for at least two months.

United Kingdom
    Couldn't agree more MZ...

Lol these are the entire options at my local cinema tonight:

The Women
    The Duchess

I guess my Keira Knightley allergy means I'll be watching The Women. Meh.

I can't wait to move to London.
    La freak, c'est chic!

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Chic Freak View Post
    I guess my Keira Knightley allergy means I'll be watching The Women. Meh.
    Let us know how that works out for ya, Chic I think Keira is fly, but I recently caught a few of her snipits of off the cuff discussion in interviews etc. and realized how...terribly...young she is, as in 'doesn't have a clue' young.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Let us know how that works out for ya, Chic I think Keira is fly, but I recently caught a few of her snipits of off the cuff discussion in interviews etc. and realized how...terribly...young she is, as in 'doesn't have a clue' young.
    You still would though, wouldn't ya? I know I would.

Chic - I'm off to see Pineapple Express tomorrow, not exactly local - we have to drive to a whole other country to see it, best part of 80 or 90 miles round trip ... and yes, Wales IS another country.

There is a more local cinema - but again, still in Wales, but closer to the border, it's a small independent cinema, but I haven't been to it in years to be honest. But I used to go there quite a bit back in the day.

There's positives and negatives to each type of cinema really...