Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Dark Knight to be re-released

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

The Dark Knight to be re-released

In a bid for garner the film an Oscar, TDK will be re-released in January, Delaying any DVD or Blu-Ray release in the near furture.

The Dark Knight To Be Re-released For Oscar Bid
    10 September 2008 11:58 PM, PDT

From WENN on IMDB

Executives at Warner Bros. studios are re-releasing The Dark Knight next year in a bid to win the Batman movie an Academy Award.

Bosses at the studio are planning to restore the Christian Bale-starring blockbuster to several U.S. Imax venues in January to coincide with Oscar voting season.

It is currently uncertain if the film will reappear in regular theatres as well.

A studio insider tells the Hollywood Reporter, "It's just a matter of bringing it back as a reminder for people."
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Super Moderator

UK
    Delay the DVD?!!???!?!?!?!?!!!

They'd better f*ckin' NOT do that!

That's like getting a great blowie, and then getting punched in the nuts on the way out.

Guaranteed if that's the case, there'll be petitions from angry fans demanding their DVDs, it's also especially stupid considering the Xmas season, surely having it in cinemas in January is just a technicality or some wank, and I'm sure plenty would go again just to see it on a big screen.

United Kingdom
    NOOO!!!

That DVD was going on my Christmas wish list
    La freak, c'est chic!

.:Twitter:.:Facebook:.:Blogspot:.

United States
    I will be so mad if they delay the release of the dvd.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I don't think they'll delay the dvd release. They can release the dvd in December and still show the film in IMAX. It will make a wad of cash either way. TDK is the biggest selling IMAX film ever, so I don't think they'll have any problem selling seats.

And this is a perfect opportunity for people that didn't get to see it in Imax. If you only saw it in a regular theater, you're missing some awesome sh*t. The Imax scenes are truly breath taking. Just the opening shot of the city skyline zooming in to the breaking window made me grab on to my chair and say "WWOOAOOAAAHHH" outloud. It's incredible.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    "It's just a matter of bringing it back as a reminder for people."

Oh for ****'s sake.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I bet they are trying to take down Titanic.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicX View Post
    Oh for ****'s sake.
    i quite agree, i saw it once, had multiple opportunities to see it again for free and haven't, its a good movie sure, but do i think im ever going to rush out to see it again?, no i can honestly say i dont think ill ever want to, its not bad, its just one of those were once is enough yknow?

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    i quite agree, i saw it once, had multiple opportunities to see it again for free and haven't, its a good movie sure, but do i think im ever going to rush out to see it again?, no i can honestly say i dont think ill ever want to, its not bad, its just one of those were once is enough yknow?
    I just feel that if Ledger wasn't dead, we wouldn't even have this to talk about in a thread. It's typical overblown bull**** hollywood....

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicX View Post
    I just feel that if Ledger wasn't dead, we wouldn't even have this to talk about in a thread. It's typical overblown bull**** hollywood....
    Oh come on, dude. He did a great job with the role and the film is good regardless of his death. His death has nothing to do with this. Did any of WB's marketing for the film mention anything about Heath and his death? No. In fact, in the trailers and tv spots, it's never mentioned who plays Joker or Dent. I guess Gladiator did good because of Oliver Reed's passing too, huh?

This doesn't have anything to do with Ledger's passing. I guarantee that if he were still alive, this film would still be in the same spot it's in now. The best of the year...

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    This is good news for me, because I didn't even see it.

Wait, I just checked a nearby theatre's website and they're still showing it FIVE TIMES a day. That's more than a lot of the newly released movies. Perhaps I will get to see it on this run...

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Delay the DVD?!!???!?!?!?!?!!!

They'd better f*ckin' NOT do that!

That's like getting a great blowie, and then getting punched in the nuts on the way out.

Guaranteed if that's the case, there'll be petitions from angry fans demanding their DVDs, it's also especially stupid considering the Xmas season, surely having it in cinemas in January is just a technicality or some wank, and I'm sure plenty would go again just to see it on a big screen.
    Don't worry mate, you can put your order in right now at play.com if you want... http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/65539...cid=1655075731 (for the 3 disc version!)
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    Oh come on, dude. He did a great job with the role and the film is good regardless of his death. His death has nothing to do with this. Did any of WB's marketing for the film mention anything about Heath and his death? No. In fact, in the trailers and tv spots, it's never mentioned who plays Joker or Dent. I guess Gladiator did good because of Oliver Reed's passing too, huh?

This doesn't have anything to do with Ledger's passing. I guarantee that if he were still alive, this film would still be in the same spot it's in now. The best of the year...
    hmmm, i disagree. I think it's been a huge part of the promotional drive for this movie - it doesn't need to be in the actual promotional material, it's been banded all over the media since the film was in post after Ledger's death. Sorry to be cynical, but it's an overblown, over-long and choppy movie!! Same thing happened with The Crow, pretty much...that was infamous not for being a good movie, but because Lee died during shooting.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Obviously it's your opinion if you dislike the film, but branding it a sucess just because of Ledger's death is...well...pathetic, tbh. No doubt some morons saw it just because of Ledger and they had no interest in Batman, but you think those people alone account for the 900+(and counting) million that it's made? I think not. If they account for anything it would be a like...a million at most. So obviously it stands on it's own feet as a generally liked film regardless of the two deaths associated with it.

Batman Begins and Chris Nolan were the biggest factors. Although BB didn't blow away the box office, it gained a great following over the years and everyone was waiting for the follow up.

And I disagree with your opinion on The Crow. When I first saw it, I knew nothing of Lee's death and still thought it was a cool film. Still do.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    And I disagree with your opinion on The Crow. When I first saw it, I knew nothing of Lee's death and still thought it was a cool film. Still do.
    I agree.I didn't know about Lee's death until after I watched the movie,and I still liked the movie