View Poll Results: Which Installment do you think had the scariest zombies?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Night of The Living Dead

13 33.33%
  • Dawn of the Dead

2 5.13%
  • Day of the Dead

23 58.97%
  • Land of the Dead

1 2.56%
  • Diary of the Dead

0 0%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Scariest Zombies?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnGirl27 View Post
    So, Darth, what made you break up? The makeup come off and you saw the real face? The moaning make your ears ring? The aggressiveness too tiring? Ah, the parallels between zombies and real life......

United States
    To me the ghouls in NOLD 78 are the scariest, but that could be because it was the first "zombie" film I saw and as a little kid it freaked me out.

The ghouls in DAWN were pretty silly looking, with the exception of zombie nurse, which also gave me major nightmares at the time. I later met Sharon, Clayton Hill's wife (the sweater/escalator zombie) at a convention and told her this and she gave me a hug!

I agree that the conquistador zombies in ZOMBIE: WE ARE GOING TO EAT YOU!, while they were disgusting with all the mud and worms, are kind of ridiculous. Suspension of disbelief or not, skeletal remains held together by mummified flesh (which, BTW, would not be mummified after having been buried in the wet soil of the tropics) would not pose much of a threat if they were to revive.
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

Undisclosed
    Easily day for me, not nessicerily scarey to me, but they're the ones I like the most.

United States
    ^^^
    fruitcake.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by clanglee View Post
    Your opinion. . .
    Well, duh, who's else's would it be?

Quote Originally Posted by clanglee View Post
    How could a 400 year old zombie physically get around? there could not possibly be any muscle mass left. It's nothing but stiff mumified remains. Come on don't be cheap and pull that old argument. Why do I have to accept everything just because I accept the zombie as a general believable?
    No, but I was never, ever bothered by it. Because I walk into it expecting a zombie movie, and zombie movies generally demand a HUUUUGE suspension of disbelief. I could just say "don't pull that argument" right back at ya, because nobody ever (seriously) complained about spider-man breaking the laws of physics. You can't possibly get a distaste for a zombiefilm because one of the corpses that revives is a bit too old...

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    You can't possibly get a distaste for a zombiefilm because one of the corpses that revives is a bit too old...
    Yes I can too!!! They were old weak feeble and thus. . . . . Not scary too me.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."