Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The lies from both Campaigns...

United States
    The two party system sucks

Vote for anything but Demo or Repub

This country is doomed !
    CLICK >>>>>>>>>>>>> for CINEOBSCURE and CINEOBSCURE FORUMS!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by strayrider View Post
    Oh that's great!!!
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutineer View Post
    The two party system sucks

Vote for anything but Demo or Repub

This country is doomed !
    Totally dude. The Republican party of today is NOT the party of Lincoln, nor is the Democrat Party the party of FDR and Harry Truman.

Twitching

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    and what does McCain have? I haven't heard him say anything about where he wants to take America, all I hear is him bearting Obama. So what's so great about McCain's plan.... Seems his idea is to dodge the issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    The campaign has gotten so negative because stuff like this works. People actually fall for this crap. Obama tried to stay above it all but he finally realized that he had to fight back or risk losing an election that at one times seemd like it was in the bag.

And you can hardly blame him for it. it's like blaming a guy for fighting when he was just standing there with someone repeatedly punching him in the face.
    Interesting. Does that explain why almost twice as many of McCain's ads are NON-negative compared to Obama's?

http://marcambinder.theatlantic.com/...gative_ads.php
    "We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat. They do not exist." - Queen Victoria

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Publius View Post
    Interesting. Does that explain why almost twice as many of McCain's ads are NON-negative compared to Obama's?

http://marcambinder.theatlantic.com/...gative_ads.php

Are they any POSITIVE ads about Obama put out by the McSame Campaign? They can't even get their own message. They had to hack Obama's. They're trying to run as the change candidates. Wigga pleeeeze !!
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Twitching

Undisclosed
    Are they any POSITIVE ads about Obama put out by the McSame Campaign?
    Do you really expect the candidates to run positive ads about each other? Why would they do that? The dilemma is usually whether to run positive ads about yourself or negative ads about the other guy.
    "We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat. They do not exist." - Queen Victoria

United States
    Welcome to your first American election! Coming up on your right, Negative Campaign Ads! If you look to your left, you will see Lies and Slander. Oooooo, marvel at the way our candidates do donuts all over the truth, screaming "no u!" in shrill voices, made hoarse from the copious quantities of BS spewed forth! Now, witness them smearing the wives--and the husband and children, too!--of each other. Is that a stiletto in your pocket, sir, or are you just happy to see me!

Get with the program. It's always "the worst ever" because each election is the "most important election" ever.
    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Do you really expect the candidates to run positive ads about each other?

No, just telling the truth would be enough for me.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Twitching

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcades057 View Post
    Get with the program. It's always "the worst ever" because each election is the "most important election" ever.
    Excellent point. We all have a tendency to place too much emphasis on what's happening RIGHT NOW and forget the past. During the Cold War, practically every election featured claims or at least implications that the other guy was gonna bring World War 3 down on us and destroy the world.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Speaking of forgetting about the past. The Rep/conservative movement rode in in 1980 on the wave of the countries disatifaction with organizations like OSHA, etc. The reps said" yeah, big gov't is the devil. We're gonna make it smaller and are going to be all about deregulation. Well, congradulations guys, you did it. And this is what it got us. They can't just run away from it now. Not saying it's all their fault but they want to completely wash their hands of it. And the American people just cannot let them. There is simply no accountability in washington anymore because the American people have the attention spans of goldfish.

The reps always want to talk about the past except when it's about their screw ups. They'll bring Clinton's blow job up in a heartbeat, which by the way no on ever died over, but try and talk about how we got into this bullsh8t war we're in and this economic disater and they'll say "let's not talk about the past, the question is what do we do moving forward". And that's a very good point. However, adults nay, LEADERS take responsibility. And it IS important how we got where we are.

Twitching

Undisclosed
    The Rep/conservative movement rode in in 1980 on the wave of the countries disatifaction with organizations like OSHA, etc. The reps said" yeah, big gov't is the devil. We're gonna make it smaller and are going to be all about deregulation. Well, congradulations guys, you did it. And this is what it got us.
    Care to elaborate?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Care to elaborate?
    Do you?

On what? That's the rep philosophy. It's what allowed companies like enron to do what they did. It's crazy how the reason the reps seemingly exist is to roll back what the democrats have done.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Split the US in two. Have the more liberal people on one side, and the more conservative guys on the other side. No matter how you look at it, you cannot have keep this thing going on. As time goes on, the US is just going to look more and more like Brazil with it's growing poverty. The democrats at least want to give it a shot to help them, so let them do it.

The republicans can do their mumbo-jumbo ancient middle-eastern mythology stuff on their side of the yard. In twenty years, you'd have a richer state, and a pretty damn poor state. I say we call the two new nations The Democratic States of America and the Republican States of America!

Italy
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    Split the US in two. Have the more liberal people on one side, and the more conservative guys on the other side.
    in that case we up here in AK would like to secede (hey, if we're all just splitting up...)

also i want to keep all my oil.

olive, not dinosaur.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by 7734 View Post
    in that case we up here in AK would like to secede (hey, if we're all just splitting up...)

also i want to keep all my oil.

olive, not dinosaur.

In that case I would like to move to AK,so I can secede too.