Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hellpage of the Dead---> a silly idea that I wish to turn to fruition.

Canada

Hellpage of the Dead---> a silly idea that I wish to turn to fruition.

Hi folks,

Basically, I ran with this idea on Andy's forum, about homepage of the dead being this hellish, nightmarish place populated by all manner of demons, devils, and the souls of the damned. I have a short section written out right now (very "pre alpha stage) that covers Neil and Andy. I hope to re-write it, and to try and keep a serious tone to it (as serious as I can be with this anyways). Basically, the 1st section is going to be on the true nature of evil (I will be suffering to Scipio's thread for some ideas on the matter), then followed by a Description of Hellpage of the Dead, which in turn will be followed by Descriptions of the overlords (Neil and Andy) then followed by the Mods, and then followed by active, notable members.

Basically, I need ideas on how everyone should (and would) like to be portrayed in this. I have a few in my head which I'll jot down shortly, but would like some input from the members of this establishment.

To sum it all up, I have this silly idea in my head about how homepage of the dead is hell, and the roles and occupations everyone will play in it. I really want to write it as a...journal type thing, where the author has seen the horrors of hell, and is haunted by the demons and images he has seen.

Note, This isn't something I'm doing to hate on anyone, or show anyone in a negative light. It's all in jest, and I'm doing it for fun.

I hope that wasn't too long of a read, and I hope to see some member input here. Any idea (as long as it is constructive) is welcome here.

United States
    If this is hell,then who would be the devil?This is a really cool idea.

Super Moderator

United States
    Mo, sounds like a really fun idea! Please follow up on it, even if it's a short version.

I can't wait to see how many people you offend...

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Administrator

England
    I Have a short excerpt from this which covers me in my signiture, i like it

United States
    Sounds like an interesting idea. Hmmm. . .just dont throw me into any boring circles of hell.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Canada
    Well, I figure I should show you the "pre-alpha build" of this. This was the little bit that started it off. Originally, I wanted it to start off as a less serious piece, but I couldn't help it, and I made it a little more on the serious side.

I'm gonna fix this up and flesh it out though, so yea. Thanks for the support guys.

let me tell you of HPOTD.....

It was forged by Lucifer in his great hell furnace, the forums sub structure hammered out by the Great hell forge hammer that the great hell smith uses to craft the diabolical machines of hell. Great demons constantly wander it's blackened plains, keeping a hellish vigil for any foolhardy trespassers that dare enter the infernal abode of the damned. Brimstone constantly rains down from the blood red sky, scorching the earth, and the wails of the damned carry across the dry wind.

The land constantly shifts and changes position, edifices open up and swallow entire cities, while sometimes the sky rains blood and ichor. A great spire juts in the middle of the largest landmass, home to the great Satan himself. None know his True name, and he goes by many aliases. Many call him The Blackened soul, others the immoral Englishman...

But Most simply Call him.......NEIL.....
    His Demonic number is 6

He has a great many lesser demons (compared to his great power and cruelty anyways), who are known as the greater demons Of Neil. Each one of them has a small faction of their Gods power, and controls a separate domain in Hellpage of the dead. Above them Is the great Destroyer- The being that evokes such primal fear in a being. He Goes by the modicum of "Andy". His presence is felt far more then that of his chaotic overlord, and as such, is probably the most dreaded member of Neils Hell Kabal. He routinely butchers and tortures the souls that reside in HPOTD in the most cruel and unimaginable ways possible.

For these reasons he is also known as the Carver. His demonic number is 7.

I...I can hear them calling to me as I write this..Their gurgling voices are calling out to my very soul...I...I can feel the cold tendrils of their presence in my heart...The voices of the damned are calling out to me...telling me the fun we will have together in the labyrinths underneath the spire...of all the exquisite pain that will be visited upon me...The rot of undeath that will be given to me....th-...
    I can stay no longer, for fear of their arrival....

Administrator

England
    This reminds me of the fiction contribution about when the site was down for a while, and that it was infact 'the dead' kidnapping me to cover up the fact they actually existed...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Oh ho ho hoooo

Good stuff there Mo!!
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    If this means that the site will actually be updated, then I'm in full support! No offence, Neil.

England
    I like it.
    "and I looked and beheld, a zombie stamped with the number of the Beast"

United States
    That is some great stuff Mo.

Canada
    a new bit that is classified as still "pre alpha". This time, the focus is on one of the fine staff here, I'll leave it as a surprise though, too try and get ya too read it lol.

Pretty quick right up, hope it ain't too bad though. Undergoing revision at some point (after I get the others down and finished) This one isn't even finished though, and i plan on adding a lot more to this little bit. It may seem a bit disjointed in places, but again, I'm gonna fix it up later.

"Everyone derives some form of pleasure in most activities they partake in. From the simple feeling of accomplishment for a job well done, to the physical bond 2 people can share with one another, will cause the partakers to feel some form of pleasure. Even those whom would be thought of as sadistic and debased garner pleasure from their favorite activities. It is an inescapable aspect of this life, and is one of the most compelling emotions a person can feel. However, too much pleasure can dull the senses; rendering the party to seek out new and more decadent ways to fulfill their bliss. It may take years, but eventually the feeling of satisfaction and well begin is replaced with the rawest of human emotions- that of anger. Unable to reach the state of bliss they were once able to grasp so easily drives even the stoutest and most formidable person insane, and drives them forever foreword down a a path so decadent, murderous, and sexually immoral that it destroys that person, and those closest to them. The Demise of the individual isn't always the outcome, nor is it always the wanted outcome. The mental destruction of the strong willed, and the morale degeneration of the godly, and restrained is often the desired outcome.

This is the doing of a being who continually pushes the boundaries of pleasure, one who can command the very desires and fantasies of the mortals that walk the plane of light, and take away that most base of human emotions- Joy and Bliss. He is the Greater demon of earthly Desires, the ultimate pleasure seeker, and the patron deity of the sexually liberated, the gluttons, the greedy, and those brave few who wish to push the boundaries of the senses as far as they can go.

He goes by many aliases. Pleasure seeker, the Eternal Watcher, the Lord Of decadence, and the Herald of Bliss. His true name is known to all but the highest ranked in the hell Kabal, but he is refereed to as "MinionZombie" by those who study the dark arts. The very utterance of his true name causes those who hear it too fall to the ground, and writhe in agony. Their heart begins to pound in their chest, and all the blood in their body grows thin and water like. Pleasure receptors in the brain go hay wire and begin to send out their signals randomly, filling the body with blissful agony. Every fantasy becomes reality, and it is as if they experience every pleasure all at once. The human body can only take so much of anything- even pure unbridled bliss- before it shuts down and ceases to operate. The process the individual undergoes looks and sounds horrifying, their body convulsing in ways the human body cannot, their voice gaining a quiver, and their wails and screams filled with the voices of the damned. Indeed, any who witness such an event would be driven away; their mind filled with images so horrifying that they dare not think of them again.

Minion gains much satisfaction whenever someone utters his name."
    Last edited by mista_mo; 19-Sep-2008 at 12:49 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by mista_mo View Post
    a new bit that is classified as still "pre alpha". This time, the focus is on one of the fine staff here, I'll leave it as a surprise though, too try and get ya too read it lol.

Pretty quick right up, hope it ain't too bad though. Undergoing revision at some point (after I get the others down and finished) This one isn't even finished though, and i plan on adding a lot more to this little bit. It may seem a bit disjointed in places, but again, I'm gonna fix it up later.

"Everyone derives some form of pleasure in most activities they partake in. From the simple feeling of accomplishment for a job well done, to the physical bond 2 people can share with one another, will cause the partakers to feel some form of pleasure. Even those whom would be thought of as sadistic and debased garner pleasure from their favorite activities. It is an inescapable aspect of this life, and is one of the most compelling emotions a person can feel. However, too much pleasure can dull the senses; rendering the party to seek out new and more decadent ways to fulfill their bliss. It may take years, but eventually the feeling of satisfaction and well begin is replaced with the rawest of human emotions- that of anger. Unable to reach the state of bliss they were once able to grasp so easily drives even the stoutest and most formidable person insane, and drives them forever foreword down a a path so decadent, murderous, and sexually immoral that it destroys that person, and those closest to them. The Demise of the individual isn't always the outcome, nor is it always the wanted outcome. The mental destruction of the strong willed, and the morale degeneration of the godly, and restrained is often the desired outcome.

This is the doing of a being who continually pushes the boundaries of pleasure, one who can command the very desires and fantasies of the mortals that walk the plane of light, and take away that most base of human emotions- Joy and Bliss. He is the Greater demon of earthly Desires, the ultimate pleasure seeker, and the patron deity of the sexually liberated, the gluttons, the greedy, and those brave few who wish to push the boundaries of the senses as far as they can go.

He goes by many aliases. Pleasure seeker, the Eternal Watcher, the Lord Of decadence, and the Herald of Bliss. His true name is known to all but the highest ranked in the hell Kabal, but he is refereed to as "MinionZombie" by those who study the dark arts. The very utterance of his true name causes those who hear it too fall to the ground, and writhe in agony. Their heart begins to pound in their chest, and all the blood in their body grows thin and water like. Pleasure receptors in the brain go hay wire and begin to send out their signals randomly, filling the body with blissful agony. Every fantasy becomes reality, and it is as if they experience every pleasure all at once. The human body can only take so much of anything- even pure unbridled bliss- before it shuts down and ceases to operate. The process the individual undergoes looks and sounds horrifying, their body convulsing in ways the human body cannot, their voice gaining a quiver, and their wails and screams filled with the voices of the damned. Indeed, any who witness such an event would be driven away; their mind filled with images so horrifying that they dare not think of them again.

Minion gains much satisfaction whenever someone utters his voice."

Dude, i love the way this is coming along. Keep it up. We're here to support you.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

capncnut
    Indeed, it is pure Mo-etry.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    Indeed, it is pure Mo-etry.
    I can't wait to see where he goes with this. maybe we could join forces to battle an even greater evil that threatens our domain?Dude, that could be epic. Just throwing it out there.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"