Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

I was planning on pcking it because I had heard so many good things about it, but then I saw the reviews from people that have actually played it.

Apparently the controls are...well...uncontrolable. I hear the only good thing about the game is the storyline and I should just wait for the cuts cenes to be online instead of playing the game. Of course some people are saying it's OKAY at best, but most of what I've seen are saying it's horrible....

Star Wars doesn't have a very good track record in the gaming industry, so it's a shame to hear that this, what was considered their holy grail of games, is probably not very good.

Anyone played it yet?
    Last edited by bassman; 16-Sep-2008 at 02:52 PM.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    hmm, I played the demo and thought it was pretty playable...you can throw things at people using the Force and all that stuff, some of it's pretty impressive - however it takes a lot from Psi-ops yet isn't half as controllable or fun, from what I've seen. I was going to buy this on Friday, but your post makes me think it's just a rental at best...hmm...
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    the controls are fiddly but i picked them up quick, its like devil may cry 2 meets a 3rd person shooter controls wise.

Twitching

Undisclosed
    My brother's picking up the Wii version by the end of this week.

I got psyched until I saw a bit from the 360 version on Youtube where the apprentice force throws a human enemy into a TIE fighter and caused the cockpit to explode.

Super Moderator

United States
    I wish they'd just put out a new and updated version of TIE Fighter...

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Undisclosed
    It looked good, but with all the publicity you know it won't be. A friend said it was fun but it will get old fast. I will rent it and try it out.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Best star wars game. KOTOR. NUFF SAID !!
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    they need to release a star wars: battlefront 3.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    ^**** yes.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    I was planning on pcking it because I had heard so many good things about it, but then I saw the reviews from people that have actually played it.

Apparently the controls are...well...uncontrolable. I hear the only good thing about the game is the storyline and I should just wait for the cuts cenes to be online instead of playing the game. Of course some people are saying it's OKAY at best, but most of what I've seen are saying it's horrible....

Star Wars doesn't have a very good track record in the gaming industry, so it's a shame to hear that this, what was considered their holy grail of games, is probably not very good.

Anyone played it yet?
    The worse thing about this game that i have heard, is that in later levels apparently the enemies deploy "anti-the force sheilds".

yeah im being serious, can anyone else hear that barrel being scraped?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    Word!!
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    The worse thing about this game that i have heard, is that in later levels apparently the enemies deploy "anti-the force sheilds".

yeah im being serious, can anyone else hear that barrel being scraped?
    well they DID say lucas took part in later parts of the writing process.

Twitching

Undisclosed
    I'd like to see Factor 5 who made Rogue Squadron games on the N64 and Gamecube make a free roam battlefield game where you can go anywhere and do anything in any of the battles from the battle of Hoth in episode 5 to the battle of Coruscant from the Clone Wars cartoon and the beginning of episode 3.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    Anyone played it yet?
    Played the demo and found it largely enjoyable, had no problem with the control system at all.

Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    Oh yes, oh yes...

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    they need to release a star wars: battlefront 3.
    Quite agree. I loved Battlefront I, doesn't have the AI of II but is much more playable.

As for III, I've heard it's been canned.
    Last edited by capncnut; 17-Sep-2008 at 11:29 AM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    And i'll bet that it's not even due to problems with the game but liscensing issues. That Lucas sure is a greedy Bastard. GAR should take a page from his book.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"