Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Queen Album.

Dead

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by major jay View Post
    Freddie Mercury was Queen.
    I'd have to disagree with you there. Queen was Freddie Mercury, Rodger Taylor, Brian May, and John Deacon. All four of them were greatly talented and equally contributed their own styles to the final product. Now I'll admit they are my favorite band and I suppose it's good they have something else coming out, but I think I would've preferred if Brian and Rodger picked up more of the vocals. The strange thing is, as great a singer as Mercury was, those two were good in their own right.

But I'm still looking forward to AC/DC

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie04 View Post
    I'd have to disagree with you there. Queen was Freddie Mercury, Rodger Taylor, Brian May, and John Deacon. All four of them were greatly talented and equally contributed their own styles to the final product.
    Well that sounds all good in the scheme of things but um, Freddie WAS Queen. Brian and Roger are in that You Tube vid you know, and it sucks meaty knackers!

Dead

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    Well that sounds all good in the scheme of things but um, Freddie WAS Queen. Brian and Roger are in that You Tube vid you know, and it sucks meaty knackers!
    I don't really see it that way. I think Queen was all four of them performing as one. Freddie was very important to the group but I think it is a bit of an overstretch to say he WAS Queen. True Brian and Roger are in that video, and I think they would've done good to call it quits after the tribute concert in 1992 as Deacon did. But honestly, how often do bands that take extended breaks come back to perform as if they were at their peak?

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie04 View Post
    But honestly, how often do bands that take extended breaks come back to perform as if they were at their peak?
    Led Zeppelin and Black Sabbath to name two.

Dead

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    Led Zeppelin and Black Sabbath to name two.
    I'd add the Eagles to that list (from 1994, not 2003). I didn't say it never happens, but it is rare.