Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: You are standing in a darkened room...

Twitching

United States
    I take the gun,
    Then I avoid the slow moving zombies, and use the two clips of ammo to blast a clear space around where I need to bust in at later to get more ammo/equipment.

That's if I don't just freeze up in terror when confronted by cannibal cadavers, **** myself, and get eaten alive, like 9 out of 10 of us would.

Anyone ever kept up with kidnappings, or the few victims of serial killers who escape before being done in? Almost ALL of those incidents read the exact same way. Person somehow gets loose, person blindly sprints as far away in a straight line as possible from where they were.

In the last twelve years we've had 3 known kidnapping victims escape their kidnapper, only to run out into traffic and get killed. That's just in the US.

People panic a lot easier than most think. But yes, I'm taking a gun. I can have a broken arm and just barely hanging on to consciousness from the pain and still be able to press a 10oz object against the bridge of a zombies nose and squeeze the trigger. The axe relies too much on one being in good shape, and having very few zombies to deal with, plus the problems with carrying it already mentioned.

Undisclosed

Axe, Axe, Baby........

I have to agree with the others go for the axe, break window and get the hell out of dodge and it can also help u break in the next place u need to hide in. And I cant shoot my lifes worth so i'd be dinner without the axe.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyldwraith View Post
    That's if I don't just freeze up in terror when confronted by cannibal cadavers, **** myself, and get eaten alive, like 9 out of 10 of us would.
    Word.

England
    I would probably chose the axe.

But why am I unarmed after blocking the door?

I would probably pick up the gun as I move away from the door to the window...
    "and I looked and beheld, a zombie stamped with the number of the Beast"

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
    I grab the axe as well and I bust out that window and get the hell out of there.
    ^ This. That was my first reaction. Of course, a lot depends on the details, but I think it's a good bet given what we do know of the scene that you set, Thorn.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    At first I was going to say grab the gun but, thinking this over I would grab the axe for the reason of the window. No time to open window..you dont know if its locked or not..no time to think..take the axe break the window and hopefully there is fire escape or drainage pipe to hold on to when you go through the window. Hang on if you can until zombies clear out of room then go back and get gun or go down wall and go into another window or go to the street to escape. Maybe crawl up to roof for safety? It all depends on surroundings and how many zombies are around and where they are all at at the time. Then when it is safe I would go back and get the gun and ammo.

Canada
    Axe, axe can be powerful,
    guns what you going to do when you
    run out of bullets. You're screwed then.
    At least with an axe there are other uses for
    them as well. I have to agree with
    the majority here. Axe would be best.

Undisclosed
    I would grab the gun...at least if all else fails I could do myself in. Killing ones self with an axe could be a problem.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy911sc View Post
    Killing ones self with an axe could be a problem.
    I agree with you there.

Undisclosed
    I would grab the gun...at least if all else fails I could do myself in. Killing ones self with an axe could be a problem.

You got something there, got to admit I did not think of that
    It's not what you say, it's how you say it.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by dracenstein View Post
    I would probably chose the axe.

But why am I unarmed after blocking the door?

I would probably pick up the gun as I move away from the door to the window...

You just got into the room, you hastily move items in front of the door and as you retreat away from it they immediately start to press in. Remember in Dawn? The Krishna Zombie? She had no time to really fortify or to find weapons; it was a hasty barricade and a panicked flight. I was looking at a situation like that.

If you were already armed there would not be much of a choice to make thus killing the fun of the post

I do not think I could ever take my own life, and to go along with some of the excellent points raised here. In a bad situation it is fight or flight. We all have the instincts and we all react differently in those situations. It is of course all hypothetical.

I like to THINK I would be cool under pressure I generally am in real life. Who knows though I could get that “9 mile stare” and just be zombie tartare.

United States

Ding Ding!!! Thats my thinking
    D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
    You just got into the room, you hastily move items in front of the door and as you retreat away from it they immediately start to press in.
    Yeah,but wouldn't you already have a weapon before you even go in the room and block the door?

United States
    You could but in this case it is a hypothetical situation, much like being in a movie we were looking at a what if under a specific set of circumstances.

Again in Dawn 78 Gaylen Ross did not have one, and had to scramble for a make shift weapon. She used flares. There are a number of reasons why you might not have a weapon at that point. One example, you just ran out of ammunition in a gun you had in the hall before retreating into this room. A zombie grabbed your rifle and you lost grip because you were sweating too much or at a bad angle... you panicked and dropped it. You were sleeping and had to make a fast retreat in your flight you forgot to grab your weapon. Whatever the reason you did not have one before entering this room.

It is all in fun guys, and not to be over thought. Much like watching a movie you suspend disbelief the same holds true here. It is more to get to your view on what would be the best weapon to go for in the given situation and then to open discussion as to why.

England
    I have no experience with fire arms, I would have to go axe-man style.

If however, I was proficient with a pistol, I would probably go with the gun, for the easy suicide option should I be cornered and vastly outnumbered, and it would probably be easier to obtain a melee weapon than a fire arm with a few clips later on. Wyldwraith also makes a good point about being able to use a pistol if you are injured.
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon