Thread: i thought it was voting, not a night club

Chasing Prey

Canada

i thought it was voting, not a night club

Sunny Gulfland, Within sight of the Beautiful Manatee River
    United States
    When I step into the polling place I've already decided which way I'm going to vote, a teeshirt ain't gonna sway me. I think people who ARE swayed by teeshirts or who fear the same might consider not voting due to mental incompetence.

M_
    "I would like to take you seriously, but to do so would affront your intelligence." William F. Buckley, Jr.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Marie View Post
    When I step into the polling place I've already decided which way I'm going to vote, a teeshirt ain't gonna sway me. I think people who ARE swayed by teeshirts or who fear the same might consider not voting due to mental incompetence.

M_

its pointless to enforce a dress code for 2 minutes of work,thats crappy

United States
    That is so stupid to argue about.Who cares what she has on her shirt?What a bunch of morons.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Bub666 View Post
    That is so stupid to argue about.Who cares what she has on her shirt?What a bunch of morons.

agreed

United States
    Welcome to America.

During the '04 election I was behind a group of Kerry voters, all wearing pins, t-shirts, and one had a bumper sticker on his chest. I was wearing my Bush pin, and we were all getting along just fine. When a truck bearing a humongous KERRY sign pulled up in front of the voting place, they all gave "wtf" looks at and then at me, sort of apologetically. I said something witty about the liberal media.

Then some old guy, an elections monitor or something, walks down the line and tells me to remove my Bush pin; which I do. As he goes to walk away, one of the Kerry people says "what about us?" "I was talking to HIM," the old bastard answers.

They all removed their buttons and pins angrily, thereby aiding in restoring my faith in humanity for that day. It rapidly dissipated the next day, of course.

So every time I hear of someone being forced to remove an Obama shirt or button, I get a special feeling inside; call that feeling justice, or just my own personal brand of "how's it feel NOW," humor.
    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.

United States
    That's democracy for ya', huh? Stupid.

Christmas Island
    Isn't a person's vote supposed to be confidential? Mucks it up if you're wearing your pick on your chest or head for all to see when voting.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I think it has the right to be confidential, but what's stopping me from telling everyone I will or have voted for?

Twitching

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    I think it has the right to be confidential, but what's stopping me from telling everyone I will or have voted for?
    Exactly. Confidentiality of your vote is a right, not an obligation.
    "We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat. They do not exist." - Queen Victoria

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnGirl27 View Post
    That's democracy for ya', huh? Stupid.
    One of the biggest misconceptions about this country is that it's a democracy. It's not. We actually live in a republic run by a representative gov't.

Don't believe me? How "democratic" is it when someone can win the popular vote but still lose an election?

In a Jeffersonian democracy the philosophy is that if you win by even one vote then you're considered the winner. Novel concept, huh?

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"