Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: chronicles of riddick

Chasing Prey

Canada

chronicles of riddick

so im watching it on TBS right now..........this movie is so under rated it isnt even funny! i loved it when i saw it the first time but something about watching it now makes it so much better

United States
    I liked it quite a bit too man. It was a very nice bit of eye candy.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    It's a good action film, but the character of Riddick was much cooler in Pitch Black. In Chronicles of Riddick he's a superhuman who can take on anything. In Pitch Black he's just very dangerous, but still human. I thought the "super human" approach was lame, because he was never in any real peril.

Norway
    It was a shift in genre, and Riddic was so powerfull here the whole film became pompous.
    I started to hate the film when he did not fight the Metal tiger thing. And we did not even got to know if he intended to continue the necromongers way of living?
    The worst movies is the ones that have great potential but waste it away on navel viewing crap this movie did.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    It's a good action film, but the character of Riddick was much cooler in Pitch Black. In Chronicles of Riddick he's a superhuman who can take on anything. In Pitch Black he's just very dangerous, but still human. I thought the "super human" approach was lame, because he was never in any real peril.

he was very super human in this one. look at the scene where they're going underground and he's counting the lights and tapping his foot. when a light comes up he kicks the guy sitting on him about 50 feet up to the light. LOL

they when they come to rest he goes "24.6 kilometers" tell me that aint superhuman

United States
    I agree with Evil - Riddick was cooler and more "human" in Pitch Black (kick butt movie), but I did like the Chronicles, as well. I liked seeing what happened to "Jack", and Imam, and that the 3 all met up again. Dysfunctional family reunion...

United States
    Yeah,Pitch Black was way better movie then Chronicles of Riddick.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnGirl27 View Post
    I agree with Evil - Riddick was cooler and more "human" in Pitch Black (kick butt movie), but I did like the Chronicles, as well. I liked seeing what happened to "Jack", and Imam, and that the 3 all met up again. Dysfunctional family reunion...
    I still liked Chronicles of Riddick as a cool actionfilm, but I didn't like the approach they took with Riddick himself. But sure, I watch it sometimes, and it's a cool film.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I thought i was alone on this one. I love these two movies. I agree that pitch black is the better of the two films but chronicles has much to offer as well. They're both absolutely spectacular in HD by the way.

There was a thread a while back about who the biggest bad ass was. I don't believe riddick was nominated so i'm doing it now. Think about it. Who can really mess with him? Would you bet against him even when the odds are stacked against him?

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    Think about it. Who can really mess with him? Would you bet against him even when the odds are stacked against him?
    Um...I'd mess with him. Really. Please and thank you.
    (But yeah, he'd be a force to reckon with, I agree).

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    I thought i was alone on this one. I love these two movies. I agree that pitch black is the better of the two films but chronicles has much to offer as well. They're both absolutely spectacular in HD by the way.

There was a thread a while back about who the biggest bad ass was. I don't believe riddick was nominated so i'm doing it now. Think about it. Who can really mess with him? Would you bet against him even when the odds are stacked against him?

riddick FTW just cuz he says "billy bad ass" in pitch black

Super Moderator

United States
    I agree completely with both Ned and Trencher. I was a big detractor (as much as an anonymous dude of the masses can be a detractor) of Chronicles, but I can appreciate the film for a fun action flick now, so long as I'm not paying for it.

The follow up just really seemed to boil down the character to little more than a foregone conclusion with pecs when he had been so much more in Pitch Black. It had some good performances, but really just pandered to the lowest common denominator and fanboy tendencies, which is fine for a solid, fun action flick.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Chasing Prey

Canada
    apparently the video game "escape from butcher bay" is better than pitch black

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
    apparently the video game "escape from butcher bay" is better than pitch black
    I'd actually hard some really good things about it. Maybe we can get some expert advice from someone with their ear to the ground on such videogamey-type matters...

Hellsing?

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Pitch Black had it's moments, but I never made it through Chronicles...

I've heard that it was all supposed to be a trilogy and tie in together. Don't know what happened with that.