Thread: Just when I thought I couldn't scare the hell out of myself... I did it twice.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Just when I thought I couldn't scare the hell out of myself... I did it twice.

One of the great things about making Deadlands 2 is that not only has my writing improved, and my directing, but I had a great talented cast and an A++++ crew. While Deadlands: The Rising will always be in my heart as my first, I think Deadlands 2 is definitely my favorite.

When I set out to make this movie I had two things in mind, more violence, and a creepy as hell dark tone. Well, I think I managed to make good on both of those items. We finally shot the massive zombies vs. cops massacre and I edited it together between Sunday and Monday. After watching the last 30 seconds of the massacre I felt my heart racing, and my skin goose bumping, which is something that hasn't happened to me in a really long time, especially with zombie films.

I thought I creeped myself out with the dream sequence I shot last fall, but now it has been outdone by the massacre, which led me to have a really nasty zombie nightmare last night. Something I have missed since making Deadlands: The Rising when I shot the traffic jam massacre. Before that my last zombie nightmare was after I watched The Return of the Living Dead in theaters back in 1985.

I really think many of you, when you finally get to see Deadlands 2, will enjoy the heart pounding violence. The massacre sequence alone had me remembering the days when Romero's zombie on human violence was things nightmares were made of... I hope you all agree when you get to see it.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

United States
    I like what I've been hearing from you about the movie, and am looking forward to seeing it, keeping in mind how hard you've worked to bring new dimensions to the project. And the fact that you had nightmares...well, it's gotta' be good, then!

Super Moderator

UK
    *can't wait, can't wait, can't wait*

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    MZ, I know you can't wait, but you did get a taste of things to come with a clip I sent you Monday night and you watched today. Think of everyone else's reaction when they see that clip
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    MZ, I know you can't wait, but you did get a taste of things to come with a clip I sent you Monday night and you watched today. Think of everyone else's reaction when they see that clip
    Aye true enough, but this way it's like tantric shagging.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Tantric shagging... ummm, ok. I think you just compared my film to Pseudo Sex.

ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Super Moderator

UK
    Not your film, the wait for your film.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Oh...

Well, good things come to those wait. I guess that can apply to orgasms too.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!