Thread: Microsoft's Windows Live Local:

United States

Microsoft's Windows Live Local:

http://local.live.com

Anyone look at that site? It gives you maps for the entire world, including aerial satellite views and sometimes bird's eye views.

Here is some interesting things I found:

In Washington, D.C., you can zoom all the way in, but some of the buildings such as the Capitol, are pixallated badly.

In Baghdad, Iraq and Moscow, Russia; you can't zoom all the way in. Why? Are we hiding something? (In fact, you can't seem to zoom in on any foreign city. I just tried Tokyo, Japan, nothing.)

Dawg

Original Member Since 1998. [10 YEARS AND COUNTING!]

United States

It isn't a series of pictures...

Okay, I imagine the Capitol Building and I also noticed the two buildings on each side of the White House were blurred because of security movement, etc. And I imagine the White House is a tan color throughout on the roof like someone Paint Shopped it for the same reason as well as to cover up any vent shafts, etc.

But why the foreign cities? Is it under an agreement with them or something? The troop movements in Iraq may be an issue, but most of these photos are from years ago. There very well could be photos around before the war even started.

Dawg

Original Member Since 1998. [10 YEARS AND COUNTING!]