Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Just bought the warriors

United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    Sorry to tell ya this, but from what I remember the entire game takes place before the movie.
    Nope, there's pretty much all the bits from the movie. Admittedly it's not the majority of the game but it's all there.
    Last edited by Craig; 17-Oct-2008 at 02:36 PM.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    Nope, there's pretty much all the bits from the movie. Admittedly it's not the majority of the game but it's all there.

im playing it right now,about 40% of the game is set a full 90 days before the movie. but once it gets there, theres HUGE montages that were done scene for scene according to the movie. the whole scene with the speech by cyrus was done in real time and left out NO dialogue.

the movie now makes way more sense because when they see certain gangs in the movie it looks like they've come in contact before. it also tells how the warriors were formed. the actor who plays cleon wins by a landslide as his performance is electric,ajax is a close second.
    Last edited by acealive1; 18-Oct-2008 at 12:24 AM.

United States
    "What'samatta Ace? You goin' Faggot?"
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by clanglee View Post
    "What'samatta Ace? You goin' Faggot?"
    LOL he says that line about 6 times through out the game

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
    $7.50 as of today at wal mart for the director's cut
    I did not like the directors cut. They messed with sequences in the movie, having the ends of scenes or beginnings of scenes fade into or from a comic book-like rendering of the scene. Kind of stupid.

But what an awesome game though! Dug that soundtrack too, haven't heard some of those cuts since I was a little kid. Brings me right back to the late 70s.

"Shake it baby, shake it all you can tonight..." <--- you never hear that on the radio anymore. Not that it's a great song, mind you, but nostalgia makes it listenable now.
    Last edited by Yojimbo; 22-Oct-2008 at 12:52 AM.
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    I did not like the directors cut. They messed with sequences in the movie, having the ends of scenes or beginnings of scenes fade into or from a comic book-like rendering of the scene. Kind of stupid.

But what an awesome game though! Dug that soundtrack too, haven't heard some of those cuts since I was a little kid. Brings me right back to the late 70s.

"Shake it baby, shake it all you can tonight..." <--- you never hear that on the radio anymore. Not that it's a great song, mind you, but nostalgia makes it listenable now.

unles uwanna buy the old version used, then thats all we got for sale now

United States
    old thread, i know, but i was at a party the other night and a bunch of people were hanging out in the basement watching the warriors...i only caught the end, and realized that it's been forever since i've seen this flick, so i ordered the us theatrical release dvd and decided to go ahead and pick up a copy of the xbox game. based on what i've read in this thread, i'm in for a treat...

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    used to play this on my PSP so much I broke the analogue stick stealing car radios. The PSP version was incredible considering the hardware the gameplay and graphics are IDENTICAL to the Xbox version.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    old thread, i know, but i was at a party the other night and a bunch of people were hanging out in the basement watching the warriors...i only caught the end, and realized that it's been forever since i've seen this flick, so i ordered the us theatrical release dvd and decided to go ahead and pick up a copy of the xbox game. based on what i've read in this thread, i'm in for a treat...
    I picked up the DVD a few months back myself and really enjoyed what little I was able to play of the game on my old XBox. I don't even know if it's compatible with the 360...hmmm....

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    I don't even know if it's compatible with the 360...hmmm....
    Criminally, it isn't.

United States
    waitaminute.....the warriors isn't compatible with a 360? are you fucking serious or did i read that wrong? if that's the case, that blows a big one since i don't own an original fucking sexbox.....

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    waitaminute.....the warriors isn't compatible with a 360? are you fucking serious or did i read that wrong? if that's the case, that blows a big one since i don't own an original fucking sexbox.....
    No sweat, you can pick them up second hand for like £20 at Blockbuster Games.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Yeah the 360 really dropped the ball with backward compatibility. I can remember more than afew people being upset about it. Although we don't sweat it now because, honestly, who wants to play most of those old games anyway?

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

capncnut
    No it ain't son. Bollocks innit?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Caaaaaaaaaan yooooooooooooooooooooou dig iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit !!

Sorry, I couldn't resist. I'm actually suprised no one has uttered that phrase yet.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"