Thread: Alan Wake - hands-on E3'09 footage!

Super Moderator

UK

Alan Wake - hands-on E3'09 footage!

At last! Some hands-on, in-game footage!

http://e3.g4tv.com/videos/38943/Hand...-Game-Preview/

capncnut
    Wasn't all that footage in Coins E3 thread?

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    Erm, not that I know of - I'm subscribed to that, it's all mainly about L4D#2 isn't it?

I've not seen that footage before anyway, there was a new trailer in the E3 thread that I saw a few days ago because of the thread, but I've not seen this video before. It's the first time I've really seen any actual gameplay of Alan Wake.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Nah, different footage.

I had the sound off and I kinda skipped around in the video so I wasn't sure but... WTF was up with that jeep? Was it randomly somehow attacking the protagonist?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    Nah, different footage.

I had the sound off and I kinda skipped around in the video so I wasn't sure but... WTF was up with that jeep? Was it randomly somehow attacking the protagonist?
    christine reference?

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    christine reference?
    I slightly felt that... but Christine didnt float up into the air... the movements of the jeep were just really awkward. Perhaps some "force" can pick up and move objects?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    I slightly felt that... but Christine didnt float up into the air... the movements of the jeep were just really awkward. Perhaps some "force" can pick up and move objects?
    maybe the twist is alans randal flagg with amnesia?

just found out, its a maximum overdrive reference.

god knows why though.
    Last edited by Danny; 08-Jun-2009 at 01:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Super Moderator

UK
    Yeah, something like things can be chucked at you by this evil force stuff, and you have to shine your light on stuff to make it vulnerable to bullets.

capncnut
    Moved again until Spring 2010 (how much longer ) and you PC gamers are gonna shit - Windows version POSTPONED!

Article.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    could be worse, could be final fantasy 13, so long that theyve already got trailers for final fantasy 14 out.....

Super Moderator

UK
    Moved again until Spring 2010 (how much longer ) and you PC gamers are gonna shit - Windows version POSTPONED!

Article.
    Aye, heard about the delay to 2010 quite a while back - but they say that's gonna be it.

And yeah, heard about the PC thingy as well - I think they will release it on PC eventually, but it certainly sucks for those wanting it for PC (I've had the 360 version pre-ordered since Autumn 2007!!! ) ... but I think that will be the release window for Alan Wake at last, and what with the Duke Nukem Forever debacle happening not that long ago, I'm sure it's weighing heavy on their minds.

I'm rather looking forward to playing the game, but with all the delays and waiting, I've mostly forgotten about it - it's only when new media surfaces that I get excited again, then I find out I have to wait several more months, so I stop thinking about it entirely again. So I'll probably only get hot and bothered for it when the release date is set in stone and I'm counting down the days for it.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Like MZ, I've pretty much forgotten about it and lost all excitement. Hopefully they will have an awesome ad campaign to get me back into it....

And what's up with PC games getting the shaft recently? I've been hearing alot about that. Are the higher-ups trying to get people away from pc gaming or something?

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Like MZ, I've pretty much forgotten about it and lost all excitement. Hopefully they will have an awesome ad campaign to get me back into it....

And what's up with PC games getting the shaft recently? I've been hearing alot about that. Are the higher-ups trying to get people away from pc gaming or something?
    It's retarded really, there's bajillions of people with PCs, many of whom have new ones - you would have thought there'd be many more "for the PC masses" type PC games such as World of Warcraft (not by genre, but by the ability for it to reach a mass PC-owning market).

Plus, the shoddy ports that are coming out recently, or spiffy PC games that always seem to (of late) get released amidst a torrent of users bemoaning a whole host of bugs and glitches (some of them huge faults) ... but weirdly, many people have no problems at all ... very odd.

Anyway, I'm still very much interested in Alan Wake, but with the long gestation period, and the lack of information for most of the years that pass by, you cool off pretty quick - but when I get new media I get boned up pretty swift too ... but that feeling is, at the moment, never sustained.

When the game is dated and heading towards release - then I will be able to enjoy sustained boner-ty.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    You wouldn't believe how bad Sony raped the pc version of Ghostbusters. Shitty graphics, no multiplayer, major clitches, and they even left UNFINISHED/deleted cut scenes on the disc! What the hell?

Nice way to treat all the pc gamers out there....

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    You wouldn't believe how bad Sony raped the pc version of Ghostbusters. Shitty graphics, no multiplayer, major clitches, and they even left UNFINISHED/deleted cut scenes on the disc! What the hell?

Nice way to treat all the pc gamers out there....
    I know, that is some major disrespect, and it's a real shame too. They need to sort their shit out with PC ports and games quick smart out of respect for the consumer - because, dagnammit, there are a hell of a lot of PC gamers out there ... sure the majority seems to just play the likes of WoW, The Sims and Nancy Drew, but many PC shooters are also highly popular - heck, the modding community alone is vast.

The reverse-snobbery shown to the PC market by many developers and distributors is nothing short of completely insulting.