Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Just bought the warriors

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
    $7.50 as of today at wal mart for the director's cut
    That director's cut with the added fades to comic book art pissed me off. It was ok, I guess, but I prefer the original version, but do not know if that is avaliable any more on DVD.

I do recommend you see the film, directors cut or not, and the game was really entertaining. Good soundtrack too, hadn't heard some of those late 70's/early 80's hits since the early 80's.

Can yooooou diiiig it?

EDIT: Fuck it, funny thing is that I just found out that I had replied to this message a while back and basically hit the same points in my original post that I did above. Sorry for the duplicates folks, these necro threads, man, they freak me out.
    Last edited by Yojimbo; 22-Jul-2009 at 06:03 PM.
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    Sorry for the duplicates folks, these necro threads, man, they freak me out.

O.K. dude we've been over this before. It doesn't count if you you pick your nose while you say it.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    O.K. dude we've been over this before. It doesn't count if you you pick your nose while you say it.

Duly noted, and digging away as I type this to make up for it!
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Duly noted, and digging away as I type this to make up for it!
    Whatever you do don't let your wife catch you doing that nasty shit !!

Need I say more?

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    Whatever you do don't let your wife catch you doing that nasty shit !!

Need I say more?

And to think there was once a time when I would hide my farts from my wife by turning up the radio.

We hit the ten year mark, so the honeymoon has long been over, but I think it would be better if I followed your advice and refrained from digging for gold in front of her. For some reason, that seems much more crude than cutting one in front of her.

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    And to think there was once a time when I would hide my farts from my wife by turning up the radio.

We hit the ten year mark, so the honeymoon has long been over, but I think it would be better if I followed your advice and refrained from digging for gold in front of her. For some reason, that seems much more crude than cutting one in front of her.
    The problem with getting caught digging is not so much that she'll be offended by the act itself, but that she'll go mental when she sees you nonchalantly flick it away onto the carpet. Believe me, I've been there!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by krakenslayer View Post
    The problem with getting caught digging is not so much that she'll be offended by the act itself, but that she'll go mental when she sees you nonchalantly flick it away onto the carpet. Believe me, I've been there!

But seriously, early on she once told me off when she stepped on one of my very sharp toenail clippings, so I know better than to fling a booger onto the floor and would likely be better off eating it. Ok, this is getting gross and personal.

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    But seriously, early on she once told me off when she stepped on one of my very sharp toenail clippings, so I know better than to fling a booger onto the floor and would likely be better off eating it. Ok, this is getting gross and personal.
    Toenail clippings are somehow worse... actually, yeah, how did we get from The Warriors to this?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by krakenslayer View Post
    Toenail clippings are somehow worse... actually, yeah, how did we get from The Warriors to this?
    Apologies to the board and to my homeboy Kraken for putting up with the explicit details of marital life. And now, back to The Warriors, a game which fucking rules, and a movie that has held up over the years, in spite of some cheesy moments.

BTW: Has anyone else here read the original novel the film was based on? Surprisingly good and very different from the screen version, based somewhere in the late 50s early 60s era of rumbling with chains and knives.

United States
    given that this is a rockstar game that came out around the same time as GTA:san andreas (perhaps the best GTA game ever, in terms of crazy shit to do, music, vehicles, etc), this game has heavy emphasis on fighting and bustin heads, and the warriors is indeed a great film, not to mention the fact i've already ordered the game, i decided to run down an old sexbox from a friend who was cool enough to come off of it pretty frakken cheaply.

so in a couple of days, i'll be finding out just how good this game is...

United States
    I prefer the theatrical version to the director's cut DVD. I ended up trading off my director's cut DVD & kept the normal version.

I found the Warriors soundtrack on vinyl yesterday for $5. The cover is a bit worn but the record itself is in great condition. Plays perfectly too!

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Spider View Post
    I

I found the Warriors soundtrack on vinyl yesterday for $5. The cover is a bit worn but the record itself is in great condition. Plays perfectly too!
    !!!

Damn, that's an epic find. I haven't picked up any vinyl in...maybe over a decade, but that would have been tempting had I come across it.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany